koolmer

looking for high Quality PTZ for Day and Night

I am looking for a good PTZ camera for day and night.

I only have personal experience with the GE/Kalatel Cyberdome and a Samsung PTZ from 2-3 years ago (Don't know the exact model).

The location where the PTZ is supposed to go is a well lit Street in the city. Between 4-5 AM it is really dark, because Street lights are turned off.

The CyberDome was the first PTZ in that spot and the quality was good. Sometimes it was hard to see in shadows when the sun was shining. Everything in the shadow had very little contrast.The Samsung (now in that spot) is better at that. I think it has WDR, BUT the Samsung really sucks at low light. It can give a good picture, but the auto focus takes forever to get a decent focus - sometimes it doesn't get a good focus at all.

Now I would like to know PTZ that:

- work well in low light

- have a good and FAST auto focus that also works in low light

- have WDR

- have Kalatel or Pelco D protocol

good warranty and pen drive updates the CNB is good

http://www.cnbtec.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=1398

I saw that one in a thread today, it was actually the inspiration to start this thread

Do you have personal experience with it? How is the low light focus? Do you have a video that you could upload?

hi. yes we use CNB or qvis only for a PTZ. if something goes bad in two years you know your covered.

i will get some clips for you (it will be weekend now) we have 6 up in the hills in bradford and they work well with little light.

one PTZ not to look at is this type ...... a member of this forum has had 1 for a few weeks and it stopped its tilt. (he was told not to buy from a few members)

if you look at the camera the arms that tilts are outside of the camera and the wet then frost got on and when he tried to tilt it smashed all internal plastic gears.

and yes EBAY has a good returns policy NOT. ...... £300 x 3 is £100 a week wasted money.

181855_1.jpg

I am looking for a good PTZ camera for day and night.

I only have personal experience with the GE/Kalatel Cyberdome and a Samsung PTZ from 2-3 years ago (Don't know the exact model).

The location where the PTZ is supposed to go is a well lit Street in the city. Between 4-5 AM it is really dark, because Street lights are turned off.

The CyberDome was the first PTZ in that spot and the quality was good. Sometimes it was hard to see in shadows when the sun was shining. Everything in the shadow had very little contrast.The Samsung (now in that spot) is better at that. I think it has WDR, BUT the Samsung really sucks at low light. It can give a good picture, but the auto focus takes forever to get a decent focus - sometimes it doesn't get a good focus at all.

Try Redvision (www.redvisioncctv.com)

Ilkie

Now I would like to know PTZ that:

- work well in low light

- have a good and FAST auto focus that also works in low light

- have WDR

- have Kalatel or Pelco D protocol