james8532

What type of security camera is this?

Yaaa- I'm glad this went to page two- I wouldn't open up the first page again for anything and I have high speed cable. Way outa control- no need for that. And I got a bit miffed thinking we couldn't image link anymore here either.

Image linking works fine, that was just the OP being pissy. I've removed all the embedded image links, so the first page now loads smoothly. The OP's direct links will take you to the full-size versions he insists on... if you have the time to waste.

I'm on high speed as well - 50Mbit service, in fact. Still takes time for all that download, and even longer to render on an Atom processor. As I noted before, I was trying to read the thread, and every 10-15 seconds, when the next image downloaded and displayed, the page would jump, and I'd have to scroll back to where I left off... just in time to read another four or five words and then watch it jump again. 19 pictures, 10 seconds each to load... that's over three minutes just waiting for the page to fully display.

jtetterton, i 'urbex' too, alot.

but still, it just seems a bit odd...

after all, it could be anyone on the other side of the screen. the fact that they seem to be worrying so much about weather or not they belong to the government makes me wonder why? dies this person have a reason to expect to be spied on by 'the gov'?

the OP is probably just a normal, harmless person like you and I. but that does not answer my questions.

where in the world is this house

Comcast Cable in Arlington Heights, IL, based on the OP's IP. (yay, acronyms!)

Fairly small 'burb of Chicago, could probably find the house on Google Earth relatively easily.

He's Canadian, do they even have social security numbers??

Anyway, in my country everything is still on paper .. i wish our government could find those things, let alone anyone else

Matt Ion,

I mean it wasn\'t hard to get your name or anything but it was more fun combing through your property records, background records, related family members, criminal records, bank account statements and everything else about your personal life. Including your social security number as well as your close family members social security numbers. Drivers license copies straight from the day you got your first license.

Lucky enough for you the position in which the job I hold states clearly that \\\"releasing this information on the public internet in anyway possible\" could land me in jail. But for my own pleasure I will save it in a text document for now in my Archives.

are you on something ????? you spit your dummy out over the size of your clips ... you was given a good reason why...... if you have all that info.... mmmmmm he has your ip address i think its a good idea to make it vanish from the forum i hope he does.

the board auto-imported all of your links and then hosted the full-size images from the board account...

Just noticed that, they should turn that off.

Might have issues with copyrighted images.

soundy, how do you find a location from an IP?

hi. you cant from the forum ...... but if you owned a website and looked at traffic then you search on there ip.

ill pm you a simple one. but you will have to find an ip or use your own to see how it works

soundy, how do you find a location from an IP?

Oh yeah .. my own basic one too LOL

http://ip.bahamassecurity.com/

there are IP to Country databases that one can download and use in their own app.

There are other databases that can then be used for long lat info and then you can just tie that into google earth. I dont use those databases though as they are huge and my poor atom netbook hosting my site cant handle all a that.

Matt Ion,

I mean it wasn\'t hard to get your name or anything but it was more fun combing through your property records, background records, related family members, criminal records, bank account statements and everything else about your personal life. Including your social security number as well as your close family members social security numbers. Drivers license copies straight from the day you got your first license.

Lucky enough for you the position in which the job I hold states clearly that \\\"releasing this information on the public internet in anyway possible\" could land me in jail. But for my own pleasure I will save it in a text document for now in my Archives.

are you on something ????? you spit your dummy out over the size of your clips ... you was given a good reason why...... if you have all that info.... mmmmmm he has your ip address i think its a good idea to make it vanish from the forum i hope he does.

SHOULDN'T be hard to get my name, since it's right there in my signature... hope he didn't expend too much energy figuring it out.

Kind of amusing, though, seeing as I don't have a criminal record (have passed CSIS security checks, in fact), or a social security number.

Yeah, finding a rough location from an IP is easy - google will give you a couple dozen sites that will do it.

But you know... I'd think someone working in a job that gave them access to that kind of information, would also make it easy to find out if the government was monitoring a property.

If the house is abandoned, how is the porch light on? You'd think the electricity would have been cut off...

Could be a meth house and/or hydroponic pot farm. The need for the cameras would be obvious.

PITA?

People for the Illogical Typing of Acronyms

im one of them ...

You must belong to the AAAAA - the American Association Against Acronym Abuse.

Why was my post criticizing a moderator DELETED from this thread?

Is that how things are ran here? Wait a few weeks and remove anything that paints you in a bad light? What a bunch of bull.

You guys take care, I really enjoy this board, but I will not be censored when I criticize a moderator who is in the wrong.

WTF are you ranting about?

Personal insults against other users are removed all the time - has nothing to do with whether they're a moderator.