Zohan

CNB WDR or not

Have to add 2 cams to a retail shipping store. 1 of the cams will be looking at the entrance door and window, all glass / bright sun.

Was thinking CNB with WDR but after reading a post by rory I am rethinking...he states the monalisa chip cnb cams using the blc setting performs better than the wdr cams.

I was originally looking at the CNB-DBB-34VF, but now looking at the CNB-LBM-24VF....

opinions either way?

I just installed 2 of those domes in a store ..

It was actually the blue-i with blc .. instead of WDR, not the monalisa.

gonna test the WDR again at this location, maybe it will differ, or not.

Either way, used it because at least I know it works in one mode or the other, and its cheap.

10-4....just emailed my supplier he said he like the DBB-24VF better than both of the other 2

but i just looked at it, it's not a true d/n but rather ICR(AGC type)....what does that mean?

I havent used that but CNB once explained it to me as digital WDR.

which is why it costs so much less.

looking at the dbb-24vf (blue-i chip, xwdr with back light compensation)

vs. the

LBM-24vf (monalisa chip, infrared with intelligent ir, with SUPER backlight compensation)

1. what do you think pros and cons of these cams are...opinions?

2. is SUPER blc better than blc or is it hype?

3. does super blc take the place of xwdr?

4. they both say tdn but it says ICR(AGC type), what is agc type? is it different than a mechanical cut filter?

thanks for the help...

Am i splitting hairs with these 2 cams?

I was just messing with the WDR camera and the default WDR settings on those really does suck.

I might end up with going close to the door and just using BLC anyway.

But it does have impressive BLC.

Will get some snapshots once its online etc.

This is 47 difficult camera locations though so .. cant say it will be right away.

Yeah I wanted to test it but with a client I couldnt take the chance .. yet anyway

Heck it might very well be better ... and then we will know

Zohan and Rory,

I'm trying to decide between the Blue-I and the Monalisa myself and was wondering if you ever found out which was better? Do either of you have any sample pics from each we could compare. THANKS! Glen

My vote gets the blue- i chip...

Although i will say ive only used 1 of each, the blue i cam with a tvt based dvr and a monalisa chip cam with an aver nano dvr and i like the blue i better

Not the blue i but can get one for the monalisa...

That would be great thanks, maybe Rory or someone else has one of the Blue i for comparison.

Just realized I have a DBB-34VF Blue-i sitting on the shelf here, still in the box... I should set it up beside a VCM-24VF and do some side-by-sides.

I don't know when Rory will be back, if ever...

He was banned... about 10 days ago now, I think. Don't know for how long, or if it's permanent. Was done by a higher power, so it's beyond my control.

Banned What for?? He was one of the few people (besides yourself and a couple others) that took the time to answer alot of the questions on here. Even the ones that have been asked a 100 times over.

Was it because of the thread between him and AK357. I just read through it and almost pissed myself. Pretty clever pictures. Love that church sign link you put there.

184980_1.jpg

Banned What for?? He was one of the few people (besides yourself and a couple others) that took the time to answer alot of the questions on here. Even the ones that have been asked a 100 times over.

I'm guessing it had something to do with his last series of posts: search.php?author_id=29&sr=posts

I'm also thinking there were some words exchanged between him and Larry that were probably not pleasant... but that's just a guess.

My vote gets the blue- i chip...

Although i will say ive only used 1 of each, the blue i cam with a tvt based dvr and a monalisa chip cam with an aver nano dvr and i like the blue i better

Where you guys buying the CNB's from?

Thanks