rory

3 beeps and then 2 beeps

have a friend, their PC came up doing this, what do you think? I know there are some codes but cant remember what it is, this is some mini Dell PC with a DVI looking monitor output.

I was thinking maybe the mobo? Its not something I want to open as well, cant do anything with it it is so small. No video nothing.

Thanks

Rory

thanks!

Actually there was 1 beep first, delay, then 3 beeps, delay, then 2 beeps .. so now im confused

Its maybe then a monitor issue, though that light is on, orange, saying there is no PC attached. Could be maybe the monitor cable got "hit".

Could also be a memory issue.

Well looks Like i need to grab it and bring it back here to trouble shoot.

Not sure if that first beep was long or short .. oh well ..

Rory

bios troubles. You have a possible hardware problem. was somebody in there looking around ? Try upgrading it but more than one beep with the exception of compaq means trouble.

Dell should have an ASSET tag on it to allow you to find out the exact configuration of the computer when it was sold.

But if were talking pieces, then you would need the brand and version of the BIOS to figure out exactly what those particular beeps are.

What do you know about the system?

Yeah that's what I thought. Sounds like a memory problem if it's not the video card.

Your link to the beep chart is a good one.

yep .. long time, that same day .. they took it back to the people they bought it from as was a companies PC

LOL

Everybody was in a rush to help you out Rory.

I was looking for some date in the posts. I didn't realize I was involved in a train wreck.