pizzaHEMI

Need Recommendation for 8 Camera DVR

Newbie Here!

I own a restaurant and have been looking for a standalone DVR with 6-8 camera ability...I already have the cameras in place from a VCR based system -- and will need a 300 GB HD. I also need to be able to control from home while it is still recording.

I have only looked at SpecoTech and am not sure of a real solution.

Thanks,

Steve

I recommend the SANYO DSR-3009H600, it's 600GB of space, and it has all the features that you could possibly need. It's a standalone unit, and this will probably be the best solutions since it's more reliable and need less maintiance than a PC based solution.

Whats your budget?

Also, what kind of features do you have in mind, if any.. ..

The Provideo DVRs arent that great, their bullet cameras are generally decent though ..

Come back with a budget, then we can see what we can do.

Rory

I recommend the SANYO DSR-3009H600, it's 600GB of space, and it has all the features that you could possibly need. It's a standalone unit, and this will probably be the best solutions since it's more reliable and need less maintiance than a PC based solution.

Actually they discontinued the Sanyo DSR-3009, it was replaced by the DSR-3709 which is pretty much the same thing as far as operation except it now has a USB option for CDR, and can do telemetry control via Coax of the new SANYO PTZ cameras and Pelco Coax control.

You may want to check out this DVR.

http://www.lakson.com.sg/new/products-SLeeK-PDR-JSeries.htm

the 8 channels one.

Triplex recording, support 2 harddisk of up to total 800GB (based on 400GB max in the market currently), remote multisite monitoring software.

Suppore IE viewing as well.

Price's ard USD$1.1k.

Comes with remote contoller, backupable to USB, support PTZ camera.

Minus point is it record in A-MJpeg formate. They do have wavelet/mpeg4 series as well. But they are pricer.

4 Channel's ard USD$660.