LUV2TINKER

4 pin auto iris plug question

I have an Ultrak, video auto iris lens with a standard, 4 prong, square, male plug on the end of the cable coming out of the lens. I currently use that lens on a 552 Ultrak camera, but want to try that lens on my other other Ultrak camera (KC4300bk) that only has screw terminals (G, V1, & +B) for video auto iris.

But I don't want to cut off the plug on the end of the cable.

Can you buy a female plug you could just plug the male into, and strip off the wires coming out of the female plug to hook them up to the screw terminals?

Haven't seen any for sale on their own, but you could maybe look for a dead used camera that you can part out for its iris connector.

^Yeah, except it's a video-iris lens, and the four-pin plug on that camera is specifically marked "DC iris", whereas the screw terminals are marked for video-iris pinouts.

Thanks Soundy. That's a good idea to harvest the female one out of a dead camera. Who knows what else might be on it I could use, like maybe a lens I don't have.

Thanks Soundy. That's a good idea to harvest the female one out of a dead camera. Who knows what else might be on it I could use, like maybe a lens I don't have.

LUV2TINKER,

Where are you located, I'm in the (U.S.) I have a dead 522 you can have for the price of shipping if its worth it to you.

has an 8mm fixed lens too if you want.

cheers,

John

what's the difference from video drive and DC drive?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4963

that's interesting.

is there a device then that you can connect to the video output of a camera that will then drive a lens so that you can put an auto iris lens on a 'basic' camera?