Sign in to follow this  
Noddy

NV5000 picture jumping

Looking for a bit of advice please. I have a NV5000 using 7 of 8 channels with 6 analog and one IP camera. The 6 analog cameras are powered by one central power supply. Every now and then on one random of the 6 analog cameras the picture will bounce / jitter for a second. This is noticeable on preview and playback. I have attached a screenshot.

I would be very grateful of any help.

2012_04_07_10_25_54.jpg.11e04ee9d67f8453b6ecfa7a81b916fd.jpg

hi. it looks like you have a ground problem. you may have a bad power supply or you need to do some new connections on your cameras power and BNCs.

looking at your picture it looks as if another image is rolling over (you can see another image at bottom of your screen)

Thank you so much for the reply. I see what you mean about the picture rolling, I think its the next camera (6 then 7). Some of the cameras are cat5 and some coax. How do you think I should start the troubleshooting ?

Thank you so much for the reply. I see what you mean about the picture rolling, I think its the next camera (6 then 7). Some of the cameras are cat5 and some coax. How do you think I should start the troubleshooting ?

hi. first step would be to pull 1 fuse at a time from your power unit.

pull fuse 1 then look at your monitor see if it stops if not put fuse 1 back then try fuse 2 and so on.

tomcctv

thanks again and I'm sorry for all the questions.

I did go to pull the fuses one at a time and found that I don't have individual ones (see pic below) I did disconnect each analog camera one at a time but it did not completely solve the problem. What I did find was the no matter what camera that I disconnected from the power supply the jumping seemed to lessen with one camera less connected. Also I did find that 2 of the cameras had the "enable deinterlace" option checked which I turned off. All this seemed to help a bit with the jumping and the bleed over seems to have stopped.

So I'm left with a small jitter/ jump that is enough to set off the motion detectors even when turned down quite low. Now here is the strange part it is hardly noticeable when I have the system on normal mode 9 channels. When I put the system in full screen or compact mode the jitter comes back. I have changed monitors and that did not help.

4 of the 6 analog cameras are CNB VBM 24VF, 1 KT&C 12V and a 12V no name. I know that the CNB's can run 12v or 24v and the KT&T seems ok but do you think the fact my power supply is 12v could be the issue ? Should I upgrade to a 24v panel ?

Thank you in advance.

I

photo-1.jpeg.739cbdc8bc17c19a99cf7eaff2a1426c.jpeg

Does the jitter always happen on the extension card cams? I've got an NV5000 with 4 IP and one analog, and the analog cam started jumping the other day. I switched it back to one of the first 4 inputs, and it's fine there.

I haven't dug into this yet, as this is a backup system, and am curious if it's the same with yours.

Hey Noddy,

I'm a newbie myself but, I'm curious to know why you would choose not to use deinterlace?

on my system it really helps with the IQ. I use it on all my analog cams.

John

Hi MaxIcon,

I was hoping that you have sliver my issue but after checking it is across both cards. Thanks anyway.

myplace46,

to be honest I really didn't notice any improvement in picture quality on my system. Maybe Im doing something wrong . Did you notice the improvement in preview, playback or both ?

myplace46,

to be honest I really didn't notice any improvement in picture quality on my system. Maybe Im doing something wrong . Did you notice the improvement in preview, playback or both ?

I do see a huge difference in both. But its only noticeable when there is movement such as a car going by or people walking by.

With out it, for example, the jaggies around the moving vehicle makes it impossible to recognize what kind of car it is.

Hope you get your problem solved, I got a ghosting problem on a couple cams that I'm still trying to figure out. Nothing to do with the card though.

Had it before I got my card.