I've had much better luck with ACTi emailing than with Axis...

I've got 1 open support ticket with Axis that I've been waiting for nearly 6 weeks for a response. Really quite pathetic, considering how much money we've spent with them in the past...

ACTi has a direct contact. Her name is Michelle. Her email is: michelle.chen@acti.com

Thanks, I got email from Mike, straight away.

Yep I hear you about axis, I emailed them a few weeks ago and still nothing.

Anyway Acti gear looks better now, so Im going to stick with that.

Also, Trango got back to me straight away and spent an hour on the phone with them yesterday, for the wireless side.

Glad to hear you got hooked up with Acti. Mike's a good guy.

Trango will work ok, but you're paying 6 times what it's worth. (Paying for the name).

who else makes the trango gear?

Im quoting fixed wireless and IP wireless.

also trying to find out how much the 36 cam milestone licence is .. anyone have any idea, roughly?

Trango will work ok, but you're paying 6 times what it's worth. (Paying for the name).

Care to share with us who else deals with something like Trango?

I cannot tell you who we use as it's a trade secret, but I can tell you there are MANY other solutions than Trango. If I were you, and planned on doing any other wireless installations in the future, it might pay to do some research into wireless equipment.

Trango works, and so does Tranzeo, which is even more over priced. If you want Max performance and don't want to pay a fortune, try looking at what companies like Trango are giving you. It's basically an embedded device server with a mini-pc slot for a radio card.... Hook that card to a high gain antenna.

What you'll have is a link that's solid for 10-15 miles and throughput like no one's business. For approx. 1/5 the cost.... It works for us, very well.

Sorry for the vagueness of my answer, but it's really all the hints I can give.

Yeah I hear what you're saying, but for now, since im living down here, and dont have funds to play with, i'd best stick to the ready made units, then maybe over time or if I move to the US, perhaps get more involved in how it works Its enough just keeping up with the DVRs now ..

It's basically an embedded device server with a mini-pc slot for a radio card.... Hook that card to a high gain antenna.

Sounds like StarOS