Sign in to follow this  
camera-newbie

Suggestion for PIR/doppler sensor for trigging motion

I've updated the post above to remove the link.. Thanks for the suggestion on Mayflex -- I do recall seeing their site in Google the other night and will check them out!

Hey Tom.. Is the Ganz reference above referring to the ComputarGanz website? If so, I wonder if I could order from their Torrance office (where I live).. Hmm..

hi yes same company is ganz UK. they sell them so it might be worth calling torrance and see when or if they will be selling them.

I received my Optex HX40RAMi yesterday, drop shipped from an Optex warehouse in Chino, CA -- care of Spytown. I had to call Spytown yesterday because I wasn't sure if they had even worked on my order.. Their website leaves a bit to be desired in this area -- NO order updates. Anyway, it did arrive and in under a week so I should be happy! Anyway, I opened the box and the HX40 seems very well built -- a bit larger than I was expecting, lots of templates and whatnot. Seems like a great product but I've not had time to play with it yet. I should be getting my new-in-box ebay purchased receiver for it within the next day or so -- it's roaming the streets of Long Beach (CA) in a Priority Mail truck..

P.S. I contacted Computar/Ganz and the local rep for So-Cal indicated that they do not sell Raytec illuminators but some their own brand with model numbers like IRL-S6...