Hi

I know the subject of CCTV dome cleaning has been touched on in this forum but no solution to the problem of a CCTV dome that is already dirty. We have a CCTV camera mounted over 20 feet high on our building that is filthy but have no means accessing it with a ladder to clean it.

Does anyone know of a product for cleaning a CCTV dome without damaging it from a distance like this?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi Marcelle,

You might want to try our innovative new product; http://www.centrasecurity.co.uk/security-products/domekleener/2778/ 'Domekleener' for cleaning CCTV domes. It enables you to clean camera housings without the need for ladders, scaffold towers or ‘cherry pickers’ (max safe dome height 30 feet with a standard pole).

The Domekleener’s design ensures that as pressure is placed on its arms they will spread allowing the cleaning blades to easily pass over the dome without damaging it.

You can find out more about our CCTV cleaner here: http://www.centrasecurity.co.uk/security-products/domekleener/2778/

However, please do not hesitate to get in contact if you have any questions!

CENTRA SECURITY SYSTEMS (UK)

Centra House

5 Riverside Business Park

Stansted

Essex

CM24 8PL

UNITED KINGDOM

T: +44 (0)1279 816485

W: http://www.centrasecurity.co.uk

I always wondered if something like this existed... Man that would make cleaning the building exterior cameras easy!

Time to order one!

That looks ok but there's nothing like getting your hands on the thing directly. I can imagine a so-so outcome with that gadget. I could be wrong though. That camera got up there somehow- you must be able to get back up there somehow, no?

Hi

Not sure if you have resolved your issue. If not, have a look at the Bosch Mic-550 range. I have installed 7 of them and if your budget allows it this is a good option. All 7 cameras are about 25m + in the air.

Cheers

And how exactly does a different brand of camera help with his problem of not being able to reach an existing camera for cleaning?

And how exactly does a different brand of camera help with his problem of not being able to reach an existing camera for cleaning?
Soundy, didn't you know the Bosch MIC-550's are self-installing and self-cleaning. Or at least at $4,000(+) each, they should each come with little elves who install and service the cameras as part of the deal.

Joking aside, two features of note:

* Reversible eyebrow protects the viewing window from contamination and glare

* Long-life silicon wiper eliminates the need for regular wiper replacements

Eyebrow?

192222_1.jpg

funny-big-eyebrows-mustache.jpg

we have Metal Mickey units up both with wiper and without. the ones with wiper need more get up and clean more than the ones that dont. wipers are useless without water.