excableguy

New home install

Just recently installed a Dahua ESDV-FULLD1-16 with a couple bullet cameras to get my home CCTV install off the ground. Over all i'm pretty happy with how it's turned out. I used 2 KT&C KPC-VBN190NHWWX 550TVL outdoor bullets. I liked the quality of the pictures I saw and what Rory told me about them. I just ordered another one and also a CNB VCM-24VF dome camera. The company I ordered the bullets from sent them in white accidentally, but they made it right on my next order. I used Cat-5 twisted pair with videosecu baluns. I found the gangboxes at home depot. I'm going to silicone the entry of them up at some point.

It's my first home install. Don't bash me too hard. LOL I still need to tidy up some of the cat5. Eventually it will be painted to match the wood it's mounted to.

The grey flex conduit you see is for a 220v line that's used for another hobby

Anyway, here are some photos.

189638_17.jpg

By excableguy at 2012-04-28

189638_18.jpg

189638_19.jpg

189638_20.jpg

189638_15.jpg

189638_16.jpg

Edited by Guest

Gah, Imageshack sucks so hard for hosting... hate it loading up their bloated ad-riddled interface every time I click one of your pics

On second thought. I moved one of them and added a little artificial vegetation to help conceal it. Worked out real well. Good $4 investment.

mini-IMG_0666.JPG.c921c87dfb10c192246b5e5791743aa3.JPG

mini-IMG_0665.JPG.a8b6a8fc75853f11308ffffb90fb53ae.JPG

Looks like you got it sorted out.

I love my Dropbox for photo hosting - the new version automatically downloads photos from my camera or memory card, then I just link them from there, easy-peasy! If you don't have Dropbox, I highly recommend it... use this link to sign up and I get extra free space http://db.tt/ygdgklS

That said... decent-looking job for a n00b!

Thanks Soundy. As time goes on I will put up more pics. Here are a couple night shots of it.

One shows with just my porch lights on and the other with the motion light on. I'm thinking of putting a little paint around the back sides of the flood lights to help.

1288916770_nightshotscctv.jpg.fe3359ade7b77114100a7c497ccdc7f8.jpg

1428219641_nightshotscctv1.jpg.73daeaf3c83b957ee29b28ab1a5ec803.jpg

See, this is what happens when someone puts some thought and extra effort into what they're doing - a very nice install the first time around.

Hey thanks groovy. I appreciate it. It's turned out okay thus far and I think i'm happy with it. These cameras were easy to wire. I wired another one that I had to crawl up into the attic quite a bit. Good thing I have a pair of glow rods.

All that last camera needs is a little camouflage painted on it and it's invisible.

Why go to the trouble of hiding it in foliage and then diminishes your efforts. (great effort by the way)

Is your purpose to catch people in the act or is it to prevent crime?

If it's to prevent crime, it's better to be very overtly obvious, but if not then hide the camera by all means but go that step further and treat the camera to some camo paints.

Nice job all in all..

Awesome! Like the pictures those cameras are giving you. Excellent. I'll only warn you- whatever that 'other' hobby is may take a back seat for a while. Seeing your property becomes an irresistable thing to do- and keep doing! Nice job so far!

Everything looks good and very though out. Just alittle criticism if your interested. The home depot outdoor

boxes are way too big for what you need and it's a nice idea to mount the cameras on the boxes themselves

so next to no camera wire is exposed. And an IR camera would have been better for the front porch

because when the motion light is off, it's pretty dark. Otherwise, nice job.