shdtek

600TVL Cam on a China Made DVR

Hi .. Pardon me, Im a total noob here ...

I want to ask about installing China Brand 420TVL Sony Chipset Cam and 600TVL Sony Chipset Cam on a China Made DVR ...

I notice that the Quality of both camera comes out the same on the TV screen ...

Meanwhile if i plug the 420TVL cam to the TV directly and compare it to 600TVL directly plugged into the TV, it has at least some difference ...

Can somebody please tell me why ? ...

Is it because of the DVR is NOT strong enough to handle that 600TVL Cam ?

Can anybody please give their opinion ?

The Recording Quality is = CIF 25fps

420TVL and 600TVL Cameras appear to have the same quality on the screen when Viewing

Can anybody please give their opinion ?

The Recording Quality is = CIF 25fps

420TVL and 600TVL Cameras appear to have the same quality on the screen when Viewing

hi. if cif is the max of your dvr. then you may thing about upgrading it.

192299_1.jpg

I never heard 2CIF 4CIF before.. does that mean 2Channel with CIF recording ?

Is D1 the best recording resolution out there ?

My problem right now is comparing 420 and 600 TVL is when viewing real time (not viewing recordings) ....

well there might be a problem LATER in viewing the recordings tho ..

Whats the DVR you are using? Even with the cheap DVR's I tried I can usually tell the difference between camera quality on a live view screen.

Can you tell the difference on this picture? Which one is the best camera of these 4?

file.php?id=2599

China Brand 420TVL Sony Chipset Cam and 600TVL Sony Chipset Cam

The question is what is each cameras chipset? The 420 likely doesn't say or is non descript and may even be a cmos camera, and the 600 is likely a CCD super HADll or better. For the sake of purely tvl I wouldn't go any less than 480. The 400/420's are all old cameras still floating around I think. The high tvl cameras come with better chipsets, far as I've ever seen. So even though a 750 tvl isn't really giving me anything more than a 480 from a tvl perspective, the chipset in the 750 is likely an effio/exview. And that will make a difference in what you see. As far as them looking the same through the dvr, that spells a cheap dvr I suppose. And are you hooking them both up to the tv/dvr over bnc/power cables, or do you hook up the cameras without the cables in line when going direct to the tv?

I never heard 2CIF 4CIF before.. does that mean 2Channel with CIF recording ?

No, it means a frame resolution that's twice as wide as CIF, but the same height - ie. 704x240, vs. CIF at 352x240.

Is D1 the best recording resolution out there ?

For analog, yes, pretty much.

My problem right now is comparing 420 and 600 TVL is when viewing real time (not viewing recordings) ....

well there might be a problem LATER in viewing the recordings tho ..

Since even D1 is only 480 vertical pixels, camera resolutions over 420 vertical lines are not going to show substantially better picture, or even be noticeable in many cases.