Integraoligist

New setup for small shop. Where to position and what camera?

A 2MP camera should keep a fast home/small business internet connection busy. If you expect full speed, meaning 1080P at 30FPS, say with 30% compression, and h.264, according to the Axis bandwidth calculator you, would need about 2.3Mb/s upload per camera. I have AT&T U-verse, and I get 1.5Mb/s upload and that's just under $50/mo. So if you go half the speed, 15fps, you would use half the 2.3. Also consider that bandwidth is half the equation, latency is the other half, so just because you have enough bandwidth to run 15fps, you may not really get that speed, depends on number drops, lag at each drop on your internet connection. So having that on a consumer grade line would not be as effective as having a dedicated T1 (1.5 Mb/s) with a top tier ISP. Just saying because you need a reasonable expection.

I don't know the specific camera you have, but many newer cameras have multiple streams, meaning you can set one stream configuration, say 1080P 30 fps to record, but have a viewing stream that may be 720P and 10 fps for online viewing.

It says that these 2mp cameras can go down to D1 speed for remote viewing too...

My 2 options are AT&T DSL at 6mb down 756kb up for $40 a mo. (they have UVerse all over the area but for some reason NOT to my shop which makes no sence) or Com(unist)cast at $70 mo. for 12mb down and 2mb up.

It's not going to be constant viewing, just here and there... but I dont want the picture to lag like 5 seconds a frame either.

I'm also using the internet connection to process credit cards, which is instant and takes almost no bandwidth, and also a MagicJack voip phone, which they say needs 128kb to run smooth. But 99% of the time the phone is not in use because it's a walk-in shop.

What are your thoughts?

Most H.264 cameras will be dual-stream - the Dahua ones mentioned above are. The secondary stream is D1 maximum, but that's generally sufficient for remote viewing. And you always have the option of pulling up the main stream if you need the higher detail.

Keep in mind that not only do you need cameras that have dual streaming your need a VMS that supports dual streaming. Unless you want to log into the web GUI of each camera to view them. Then you have to log into the client software to review recorded view. Not very fun to use

Keep in mind that not only do you need cameras that have dual streaming your need a VMS that supports dual streaming. Unless you want to log into the web GUI of each camera to view them. Then you have to log into the client software to review recorded view. Not very fun to use

Thats why I brought up the software above like the AXXON. The Evesurv tech told me to use the AXXON software because it's supported while the software that comes with the cameras does not.

I apologize if you were given misinformation or perhaps something was lost in translation, but just to clear things up:

- the client software that comes with the camera does allow you to see the extra stream. You can configure the camera and everything either from the client software or from the web interface

- The software that comes with it is a client software, not really a server NVR software, although it does have some server-like capabilties, which is it allows you to record to your PC, however, it does not allow you to remote into the software from an off-site computer or cell phone to view past recordings. The only exception to that is if you used something like logmein to remote into your PC, but thats really not truely remoting into the software. If you wanted to do that, then you would need to look into getting an NVR or a true NVR software such as Axxon or NUUO

- You can however remote directly into the camera from a remote computer or cell phone for live viewing

- Your other options in which you could do is stick an SD card in the camera and turn the camera into camera/recorder combo, in which you could remote directly into the camera and view previous recordings. however, you can only stick a maximum of 32GB micro SD in there. We are going to test a 64 GB micro SD card shortly and let you know the results. But if you need more space than that, then again, you would need to use either a standalone NVR or one of the recommend NVR softwares.

Hope this clears things up.

I apologize if you were given misinformation or perhaps something was lost in translation, but just to clear things up:

- the client software that comes with the camera does allow you to see the extra stream. You can configure the camera and everything either from the client software or from the web interface

- The software that comes with it is a client software, not really a server NVR software, although it does have some server-like capabilties, which is it allows you to record to your PC, however, it does not allow you to remote into the software from an off-site computer or cell phone to view past recordings. The only exception to that is if you used something like logmein to remote into your PC, but thats really not truely remoting into the software. If you wanted to do that, then you would need to look into getting an NVR or a true NVR software such as Axxon or NUUO

- You can however remote directly into the camera from a remote computer or cell phone for live viewing

- Your other options in which you could do is stick an SD card in the camera and turn the camera into camera/recorder combo, in which you could remote directly into the camera and view previous recordings. however, you can only stick a maximum of 32GB micro SD in there. We are going to test a 64 GB micro SD card shortly and let you know the results. But if you need more space than that, then again, you would need to use either a standalone NVR or one of the recommend NVR softwares.

Hope this clears things up.

What does the GUi interface look like for the on-board NVR? can you post a screen shot?

Seems like not a bad camera. Can you show us how the camera looks mounted on a wall or ceiling tile?

You use the PSS client software to connect to the IP camera. The IP camera acts as the sever:

192420_1.jpg

So you have to use the client software as a client/server setup to access the video.

No. You can use the Web GUI to see the live video. To see the previous recordings, you have to use the client software.

Edited by Guest

So is that the software you posted the screen shot of?

<---- Basically, just like it looks on the ad on the left side of the page

Unfortunately, I dont have any installed here at my location, I just have them "propped up" with the dome glass cover off because I am constantly playing with it. I will try to get some installed pics from some customers. Its a real small dome so it fits well in most indoor or outdoor applications. Alot of people are amazed at how small it is. you can take a look at the unboxing video on the cameras tech page to see how small it is compared to my hand. I have PM'ed the link to the 2 requesting individuals.

They say "A picture is worth a thousand words".

A picture would be very helpful in seeing how it looks installed.

<---- Basically, just like it looks on the ad on the left side of the page

Unfortunately, I dont have any installed here at my location, I just have them "propped up" with the dome glass cover off because I am constantly playing with it. I will try to get some installed pics from some customers. Its a real small dome so it fits well in most indoor or outdoor applications. Alot of people are amazed at how small it is. you can take a look at the unboxing video on the cameras tech page to see how small it is compared to my hand. I have PM'ed the link to the 2 requesting individuals.

Just for you Robert:

192433_1.jpg

Installed in 2 seconds flat, literally. This is about the best I can do for now, until I get a real installation picture. But put it next to the light switch for size comaprison.

Thanks Sean.

Actually I really appreciate you taking the time to post the picture. We get a sense of scale of the camera and are able to see how it looks on a wall.

Very good... Now if only it would work with Aver Nano...

Just for you Robert:

192433_1.jpg

Installed in 2 seconds flat, literally. This is about the best I can do for now, until I get a real installation picture. But put it next to the light switch for size comaprison.

I am going to play with RTSP stream again. I once had it working with Aver a while back. But either Aver's or this cameras firmware upgrade messed everything up. I'll have to see which one it was. I was going to do it today, but you know how that goes.........

Call and complain to Aver. Don't get off the phone with them until they promise to make it work..

I am going to play with RTSP stream again. I once had it working with Aver a while back. But either Aver's or this cameras firmware upgrade messed everything up. I'll have to see which one it was. I was going to do it today, but you know how that goes.........

Nice. Thanks Soundy. How does the picture quality compare?

I actually like the look of the white Dahua camera better. Less obstructive, lower profile.

Temporary test installation, beside a 3xLOGIC VSX-2MP-VD dome:

192441_1.jpg

I know this is a noob question... but what is Aver?

hi for your budget i would look at 4 ESIP-MP2-DM1 cameras and run them on a aver nano. this will allow you to view remote .. or record on site and away (your home) connect to your cash register see what you are selling and cash amounts

and not bother about buying a licence to run this or that. for the cost of a licence its the cost of a hybrid

192443_1.jpg