marcomatic

Problem with 8ch BT878 Card - black lines

Hello Guys,

I'm all new here, follows a lot of threads here, but now I'm facing my first problem and would need your help...

I just bought a new PC for CCTV at home, i3-2120, Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV, SSD.

I putted in my Kodicom 8800 PCI Card (cheap 8x BT878) with a btwincap driver that works in other PCs, but I cannot put the resolution over 352x288, otherwise there are black lines all over the image... You can see this on attached JPG.

When I put my Hauppaugge WinTV (with bt878) and it's driver alone in the PC I reach 720x576 with no problem, when I put Kodicom and Hauppauge together, when I activate the videos on the Kodicom, there are artefacts on the Hauppauge (horizontal interlacing mismatchings)...

Has anyone had this problem, can it be the motherboard chipset, the driver ?

Other solution: can anybody tell me a 4 Channel card on PCI-Express for which I can find WDM drivers ?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my poor English, I'm from France by the way.

Marc

1425230512.jpg.80f25ccf824d214319f1682a829f0bfa.jpg

I just bought a new PC for CCTV at home, i3-2120, Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV, SSD.

hi. new PC and a $14 capture card .......25fps with just 1 camera or 6fps if you use 4 ....... i would not bother putting time into that card.

put in a aver nv3000 card for $60 and done.

Hello, thanks for the answer!

No it isn't as cheap as $14 (it's $60) with 8 x BT878 chips and 200 fps PAL...

But that's not the point, it has worked on my old PCs, I will re-use it somehow.

The NV3000 is $160, or maybe you have an advice for buying?

Is it compatible with Programs such as go1984 ?

A+

Hello, thanks for the answer!

No it isn't as cheap as $14 (it's $60) with 8 x BT878 chips and 200 fps PAL...

But that's not the point, it has worked on my old PCs, I will re-use it somehow.

The NV3000 is $160, or maybe you have an advice for buying?

Is it compatible with Programs such as go1984 ?

A+

aver nv300o is 63 euros.

Is it compatible with Programs such as go1984

no it does not use 3rd party software such as go1984. (which is a toy compaired with the aver software)

go back to XP and use zoneminder.

Hello again,

after some tries and research I came to the conclusion that my DVR cards are not compatible with the motherboard H61 Chipset, and thats a known problem for allmost all PCI-DVR cards (Including Geovision, and probably the Aver cards too)

So I need a PCI-Express, 8 channel card, for which I can find a WDM driver, does anybody have an advice or tested such a card (a not-too-expensive one) ?

Thanks

I have the same problem that you are experience on a streaming solution using it. It appear that i can use high res on 4 cams, but if i turn the 5, 6, 7 or 8 cams i got the same lines...

I tested other motherboards and it has the same problem...

It is probably the video codec. Video card chipset is not fully compatible with the Kodicom card. Try to get an update from the manufacturer or use support sites or google it .