simyf

System design advise needed

Hi All,

Need your help on system design base on the following scenario.

My customer want to implement PC base DVR in their environment. Currently they have 5 buildings within one site and they have 4 cores of MM fiber for Inter-building Network connection.

Their existing MM Fiber network design is not star type. From Building A they have 12 cores of MM fiber to Building B and 8 cores MM fiber from Building B to Building C, 6 cores MM fiber from Building C to Building D & 4 cores of MM fiber from building D to building E.

Each building they will be two types of camera to be installed, fixed camera & PTZ/Speeddome camera. My customer only allow us to use two cores of MM fiber from building to building.

I have no idea what kind of solutions i can propose to them and need advise from all the expert here. Thanks in advance.

Nope, it ended up making landfall to the east of us. We left Houston on Wensday night, came back Saturday. No damage to the apartment.

(Note to those who don't have to deal with hurricanes: The west side of an atlantic hurrican is considered the "clean" side. There is wind and rain but no where near as much as there is on the east side. The west side also tends to not get storm surges due to the water being sucked out to the east side.)

You will need what is known as a DATA/VIDEO Fibre Mux, you can buy units that will mux 4 cams and one data (for PTZ) onto one or two fibres (usually two) make sure you get one with a return data option for the signal to return to the keyboard.

4 Cameras go in and either your 232 or 485 signal (or you can use a 485 to 232 converter before entering the mux, the main reason is most fibre gear does 232 not 485) and this will go onto either one Multimode Fibre or two fibres depending on the model, failing that you can probably use telephone lines to transmit your keyboard signal between buildings as it is cheaper to buy a standard 4 way fibre mux, keep in mind for every mux you need a decoder at the other end.

I think we need to set up group training sessions, for example fiber ..

Anyone else maybe interested, do you think its an Okay idea??

I'm game. What would be really cool is to have a Webinar using NetMeeting with some conference cams (I have Polycoms). This way everyone could actually see the products over IP, just like sitting back and watching a movie, minus the popcorn.. We can talk too.

scottj

Netmeeting, man I remember using that like 9 years ago with a logitech web cam when they first came out big time..

What about a custom version of Skype with video ..?

NetMeeting has come a long way since 9 years ago. Man 9 years ago..."AOL GOODBYE!" that was about all that was audio on the web, the moment you connected via that lightning fast 28.8 modem, AOL would say "You've Got Ma...GOODBYE!" Couldn't stay connected long enough to even get my damn mail...

scottj

Nah I used the best Voice Chat Program they had out with conferencing and all ... cant even remember the name, began with the letter P i think, then the virtual Worlds were coming out, I cant remember but there was only 1 virtual world where you had aviators, and i was talking to people in Australia and ting .. waz so cool dread You could walk around in a 3D world i was soo cool mannn