I have a vast area on the sea(that is a big basin)I wanna use a Megapixel camera to secure this zone but I heard these kind of security camera doesn't work perfectly at night,what's your idea?

How can is solve my problem?

may you please introduce me some products and brands?

all recommendation/advice and Info will be much appreciated in advance.

P.S:I can't use IR lamps because my area is so vast.

I have a vast area on the sea(that is a big basin)I wanna use a Megapixel camera to secure this zone but I heard these kind of security camera doesn't work perfectly at night,what's your idea?

How can is solve my problem?

may you please introduce me some products and brands?

all recommendation/advice and Info will be much appreciated in advance.

P.S:I can't use IR lamps because my area is so vast.

You should open a separate thread for your problem. With pictures if possible and some more data like how big the area is, how dark it is at night, your budget, etc.

I have images from various cameras on my blog. Flat out, the best night vision I've seen is from a Mobotix B&W night sensor. Axis has some new cameras coming out soon with "lightfinder" technology. They should be out in August, and hope to review one then. Also, ACTi has their TCM-7811 which uses a CCD sensor vs. a CMOS sensor used in most megapixel cameras.

Also, for covering a large area, the Axis speed domes do quite well in low light. Check out the reviews I did on the Q6035 and P5534 with available street lights.

as you see my area is a basin with the mentioned diameters.

I wanna watch this area 24hours till can check all ships or small boats actions along this zone.

I'm a consultant and working for government,they want the best idea with the best price but Idea is much more important than price;)

2046444391_6-12-20128-45-44AM.jpg.32bdffc77f614e7debb5137b14effd33.jpg

[attachment=0]6-12-2012 8-45-44 AM.jpg[/attachment]

I wanna watch this area 24hours till can check all ships or small boats actions along this zone.

I'm a consultant and working for government,they want the best idea with the best price but Idea is much more important than price;)

Hmm, I am curios

How much will YOU charge government for OUR ideas

Hmm, I am curios

How much will YOU charge government for OUR ideas

for this area maybe around 40,000 USD or more.But bear in your mind:best idea means best performance with the best price not high price;)

Check out Cohu (http://www.cohu-cameras.com/). They specialize in traffic cameras and they are heavily used around me in So Cal and have not only good low light capability, they do it in color. Unique functionality like a windshield wiper may also help in the coastal misty area.

Keep in mind that no camera will work in no light. The closest to no light may be a thermal imaging camera like the Axis Q1910-E. It doesn't use light, it uses heat patterns. But not megapixels, heck, not even VGA/D1 resolution.

It seems rather amazing to me that you would be trying to bid a job on a technology that even home enthusiasts apparently know more about than you do.

It seems rather amazing to me that you would be trying to bid a job on a technology that even home enthusiasts apparently know more about than you do. I hope no one helps you.

That was my point. Thank you

It seems rather amazing to me that you would be trying to bid a job on a technology that even home enthusiasts apparently know more about than you do. I hope no one helps you.

That was my point. Thank you

I suppose I should expect it. I've had people try to "friend" me on LinkedIn, just so they could try to pick my brain (for free of course) about telecom. Sorry, but my 16 years of experience in the industry carries a pretty hefty price tag.

I suppose I should expect it. I've had people try to "friend" me on LinkedIn, just so they could try to pick my brain (for free of course) about telecom. Sorry, but my 16 years of experience in the industry carries a pretty hefty price tag.

Agree !

On the same boat with you

I've had people try to "friend" me on LinkedIn, just so they could try to pick my brain (for free of course).

Wow, I had someone try to pick my nose once, but I wanted no part of that. You know the old saying, you can pick your friends, you can pick you nose, but you can't pick your friends nose.

Check out Cohu (http://www.cohu-cameras.com/). They specialize in traffic cameras and they are heavily used around me in So Cal and have not only good low light capability, they do it in color. Unique functionality like a windshield wiper may also help in the coastal misty area.

Keep in mind that no camera will work in no light. The closest to no light may be a thermal imaging camera like the Axis Q1910-E. It doesn't use light, it uses heat patterns. But not megapixels, heck, not even VGA/D1 resolution.

I really appreciate man:)

may you introduce some European brands like Cohu?

It seems rather amazing to me that you would be trying to bid a job on a technology that even home enthusiasts apparently know more about than you do.

Agree !

On the same boat with you .

what's your problem men??!! Here is a forum to share experiences and help others.

I asked a question,don't answer just this.....

Agree !

"Please define "vast area" . Can you post a Google Earth image? What is your budget?

Hmm, I am curios How much will YOU charge government for OUR ideas"

you asked me some questions and finally answered: On the same boat with you ???!!!!!!!!!

Agree !

"Please define "vast area" . Can you post a Google Earth image? What is your budget?

Hmm, I am curios How much will YOU charge government for OUR ideas"

you asked me some questions and finally answered: On the same boat with you ???!!!!!!!!!

keep "consulting" you government

by the way which government are we talking about ?

the information which u want can be very sensitive

"I wanna watch this area 24hours till can check all ships or small boats actions along this zone."

hmm, sound suspicious

even you nick name suspicious

what's your problem men??!! Here is a forum to share experiences and help others.

I agree - what's the point of even coming onto the forum, let alone posting in a thread, if all you're going to say is, "Hi, I could help you, but I won't unless you pay me"?

If you don't have anything useful to add, just... don't bother.

I agree - what's the point of even coming onto the forum, let alone posting in a thread, if all you're going to say is, "Hi, I could help you, but I won't unless you pay me"?

If you don't have anything useful to add, just... don't bother.

Err, ok. I wasn't asking him to pay me or anyone else. My comment was that he is bidding an extremely complex job that involves many megapixel cameras in a huge marine area and he shows up at an enthusiast site asking for help so he can bid his job.

It's kind of like if I showed up a a diesel engine enthusiast forum and said "hey, I know nothing about diesel engines but this guy will pay me $1000 to fix his, so tell me everything I need to know to do this job".

If you have no light at night and this is what I am assuming here, you will have no picture.

What I can see is that you have 2 choices:

1. Light up this area with floodlights or IR (probably impossible)

2. Thermal cameras (FLIR)

In any case Megapixel is most probably not going to work at night and Megapixel Thermal cameras don't exist (AFAIK).

1. Light up this area with floodlights or IR (probably impossible)

Realistically, you only need to cover the narrow entrance to the harbor to ID every ship that leaves, enters the harbor. The only problem maybe a smaller ship hiding behind a larger ship, but that's outside of your control. Maybe have cameras from both sides of the entrance. There has to be electricity at the harbor entrance because there's entrance lights.

Raytec's top of the line, the RM300 puts out enough for a 370M beam at 10 degrees. The same illuminator adjusts and can cover 30 degrees at 220M and anywhere in between. You don't need a wider beam because you are watching the ship as it moves in and out, so you don't have to see the entire ship at once.

Then the cameras I suggested before like the ones from Cohu. Also, Mobotix makes very rugged cameras, no moving parts, no NVR or PC needed, like the M12 or D14 DualNight cameras.

If they want to capture images of the ships as they move into docks, there could be cameras and lights at each dock location.

Realistically, you only need to cover the narrow entrance to the harbor to ID every ship that leaves, enters the harbor. The only problem maybe a smaller ship hiding behind a larger ship, but that's outside of your control. Maybe have cameras from both sides of the entrance. There has to be electricity at the harbor entrance because there's entrance lights.

True, I admit.

Raytec's top of the line, the RM300 puts out enough for a 370M beam at 10 degrees. The same illuminator adjusts and can cover 30 degrees at 220M and anywhere in between. You don't need a wider beam because you are watching the ship as it moves in and out, so you don't have to see the entire ship at once.

Then the cameras I suggested before like the ones from Cohu. Also, Mobotix makes very rugged cameras, no moving parts, no NVR or PC needed, like the M12 or D14 DualNight cameras.

If they want to capture images of the ships as they move into docks, there could be cameras and lights at each dock location.

The question really is what he is trying to catch on that recording. Or if someone is actually going to look at this 24/7. In any case, to cover the dock area, he will need LOTS of cameras and LOTS of light if this is not there yet.

It is much simpler to cover only the entrance. I still like the idea of the Thermal camera. Maybe it's no good for recognition of the ships, but I think with 2 - 3 Thermal cameras he could overview the entire area. Ships are large and even if 2 KM away, one could probably see the movements well.