yakky

Best bang for the buck camera?

So I've been reading quite a bit here, and I've seen various cameras mentioned. It seems like the CNB VCM-24VFH is the bang for the buck leader overall, but I'm curious if there is an outdoor sub $100 camera that is worth considering? I've seen the QVIS Eye 35 mentioned quite a few times and some samples posted. Thoughts?

Well, I guess since nobody had any input, I'll come back with my own. While the VCM-24VFH is a great camera, the VFL-20S is a nice alternative at less than half the price. In chatting with CNB, both cameras are suited for outdoor use, the biggest difference is the power systems, the 20S is only 12v.

the biggest difference is the power systems, the 20S is only 12v.

hi. the biggest difference is the camera. You will wish you bought the VCM-24VFH

Can you be specific? According to the CNB rep I spoke with, it is the same camera.

Does not mention ICR. I have a WBL20S and I can assure you it is a POS...compared to the WCM-20VF which is pretty good. If the similar model numbers imply the same camera I would avoid that one.

3 Big Differences:

#1) Not Vari-Focal

#2) Not ICR - wont have the night time performance that VCM-24VF has. And wont see IR light.

#3) Not Dual Voltage

Can you be specific? According to the CNB rep I spoke with, it is the same camera.

hi CNB rep must be having a bad day or not from CNB (just a distributor)

1 has fix lens (its a basic board camera) the other is vari-focal and also true day night

THE Cheap one.

194896_1.gif

The VCM-24VFH

194896_1.jpg

#2) Not ICR - wont have the night time performance that VCM-24VF has. And wont see IR light.

Unless they just left out the IR filter like the WBL20S

Here are some specs of each camera. The similarities are very few. They certainly do not resemble each other and you can see why the VCM-24VFH is twice the price.

VFL-20S

MONALISA VANDAL DOME

600TVL

DNR, SBLC, AGC

3.8MM FIXED

0.05LUX

85mm dome

DC12V

SURFACE MOUNT

VCM-24VFH (same as VCM-24VF, but with a heater)

MONALISA VANDAL DOME

DAY/NIGHT

HEATER

600TVL

2.8~10.5MM VARI-FOCAL

0.005LUX (B/W)

TDN (ICR)

100mm dome

DNR, SBLC, OSD

DC12V/AC24V

SURFACE/FLUSH MOUNT

Wow, thanks guys, I guess the rep should have checked his facts. I mailed cnbusa if that makes a difference.

I am ok without varifocal and don't need 24vac either. Ideally, I'd like:

-outdoor suitable (will be mounted in eaves)

-good night performance

-fixed focus, 3.8mm

-prefer non IR

It doesn't need to be vandal resistant, dome seems appropriate, but I'm open to suggestions. Is there anything in the CNB line that has the nightime performance of the VCM-24VFH with the above criteria.