Jasper

ATI 256MB PCI express x16 Radeon X600 SE - INFO ON THIS CARD

I just bought a new system with the above video card which uses HyperMemeroy technology, which basically uses some of the computers RAM as it's own. The system is a Dell Dual Core 2.8 (I know I am wasting one core, but well it just came with 2, what could I do?) and 1GB RAM DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz.

For the Geovison 1420 card it is recommended that you get a card equal to or greater than an ATI 9550. I looked up the spec on both and decided, ah!, I am just going to ask you guys if you have any experience with the ATI X600 SE card.

And most importantly will this be enough power? My guess is yes, but that’s a guess.

Trying to compare AGP x? with more power but less bandwidth to communicate that power against PCI express 16 with more bandwidth but less power, yikes!

Any Feedback appreciated as always.

Thanks for the response.

The part that is confusing to me is that I have not run accross the specs for the X600 SE, which if it follows the same spec differences between the X300 and X300 SE, the X600 SE is only half as fast in overall throughput as the X600.

Should be OK, but still don't know for sure.

What is really important is that your VGA board supports DirectX 9 when using the 1420 Geo board.

If that is the major consideration I should be ok then, it does support DirectX version 9.0.

Thanks

Thanks, I can stop being concerned about that then.

Now I just have to make sure the Dell motherboard that is in the system I just ordered is compatible with the GV-1420 card so I don't have any lockup problems. I wish dell would just post that information somewhere. Maybe they do and I just don't know where to find it?

Anyway, thanks for the reassurance of the video card.