FlameOut

Did my DVR die?

About 10 months ago I bought an AVTECH KPD674B and four CNB cameras, and everything was working great until today. I have a VLOSS on 3 of the 4 displays, and narrowed it down to the DVR. I know it is the DVR because all of the cameras will show a display when plugged into the only working input of the DVR (Input 4). Input 1,2, and 3 just show VLOSS on the screen.

The weird thing is of the four cameras, the three that quit working were running off of a separate power supply than the input 4 camera. The 3 bad inputs all had camera on or in a detached garage running off of a dedicated 12v power supply. The power supply is still fine, right at 12v. Could a power surge have done something to those 3 inputs? We had thunderstorms right before they died, but we never lost power. Is there anyway to test, or is this thing now toast? (I tired removing power for a few minutes and tried resetting it back to default settings)

I know updating the firmware most likely wont help my problem, but I was going to try, but I guess I'm doing that incorrectly. My firmware is 1010N 1003N 1005N 1002N and I think the latest is 1017???

I extracted the 4 .bin files to a USB drive and inserted it into the DVR and powered it on, but it didn't do anything except boot normally.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Avtech for warranty repairs? I purchased it oct 2011, and I think it has a one year warranty

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Avtech for warranty repairs? I purchased it oct 2011, and I think it has a one year warranty

Hi. Avtech dont deal with end users. and as you may have seen on many avtech websites firmware updates can void any warranty.

but there are companies around that will flash your unit. but its price. since yours DVRs in that range have come down in price ...... so its a choice spend to fix or buy new.

were are you based.

Thanks for that info Tom. For what I paid, I guess I',m better off just getting a new one. I did like the phone app for the Avtech (eagle eye), but probably should get a DVR of a little better quality. I'm in the USA (Pennsylvania)

Hi. FlameOut. sent you a PM. just the cost of a call will help on which way to go. they are good.

Pennsylvania

love the place and people. went to a bar once got there friday night and did not get out till monday morning

Hi. FlameOut. sent you a PM. just the cost of a call will help on which way to go. they are good.

Got your PM, but not sure what you mean by cost of a call? There was no information about calling anyone? I just spent the last few hours looking at DVR's. I'm about ready to just select the 4 I am narrowed down to, but them in a hat and pick one. There are just so many choices!

Got your PM, but not sure what you mean by cost of a call? There was no information about calling anyone? I just spent the last few hours looking at DVR's. I'm about ready to just select the 4 I am narrowed down to, but them in a hat and pick one. There are just so many choices!

Hi. i got your PM. but before you go buying the models you listed in your PM i would say do some homework first.

your PM list has a problem already. sellers are just there to sell and the one you have listed IS NOT A Dahua DVR.

what is your budget. look at aver nano 4s or true dahuas

sellers are just there to sell and the one you have listed IS NOT A Dahua DVR.

what is your budget. look at aver nano 4s or true dahuas

I was planning on spending around $300 (4 camera) but it sure does get confusing. Looking for Dahuas, I don't know what is what. Is the EH1004H-4 Nano the one you were referring to?

In that price range I would also consider a Dahua 4 channel Dvr. I can be hard to nail down a choice. Product, features you most want, after purchase support. Keep that in mind when choosing. Good luck!

[edited by mod to remove model]

hi. yes the aver nano EH1004H-4 it is in your price range and offers alot more as it is hybrid.

Oops- sorry. But is there not a make and model number in that post too??

hi. yes the aver nano EH1004H-4 it is in your price range and offers alot more as it is hybrid.

Oops- sorry. But is there not a make and model number in that post too??

Yes there is..... But its just a make and model FROM manufacture

Please don't turn a post into something else

I'm pretty sure I have it narrowed down to one of the two above mentioned DVR's (the nano and the one deleted) but just one more question. Would I be able to take the hard drive from my original Avtech DVR and place it in the now one? I believe it's a 500 GB SATA drive (I may even spring for the 8 channel, even though I currently only have 4 cameras. I like the idea of the IP cameras on the nano)

Hi,Mostly DVR spoil the whole security system that's why most of people dislike the cctv camera security system due to the DVR's bad result. But now a company is going to launch a new model of cctv security system without DVR.so I would like to say best of luck to this company.

http://www.cavesecure.com.au/