n0fx

Suggested camera for house (indoor) IR or no IR?

I know that the CNB cameras with monalisa work great for low light environments (greatly priced and such) but what do you guys recommend for areas that are total pitch black? From researching in the forums, it sounds like the CNB IR cameras really stink and aren't really suggested. I'm tried of getting the cheap chinese branded ones (no branded) units and I want a brand name one that works great.

I'm trying to install some cameras for a house in the hallways and garage area where there will be no light at all. The owner wants to be able to see a picture at all times (day or night). I explained to him that the picture (with IRs) will be black & white, somewhat grainy and while getting a true DN camera would provide a more vibrant colorful picture compared to having an IR enabled one but requires some type of light in the area.

Do you guys know any good recommendation for cameras? There is really no set budget for the camera and I can go either analog or IP cameras. (possibly $200 to $400 per camera)

The Qvis Eye 34 series are fantastic for the price. I also wouldn't say the CNBs with IR are total crap, I have the WBL-20S and its pretty good. Day colors aren't as good as a 24VF series but its fairly good at night, but the Qvis is better and cheaper.

I did not have good luck with the WBL20 at distance. WCM is a good camera, as are WZ16 and even some cheap qsee we have. Pics attached are camera IR only, dark otherwise.

1346539647_1smallcnbWBL20.jpg.f6b25726c266c5ee975a1c45197db0b1.jpg

2096058257_1asmallcnbclose.jpg.355063afffc5effa6eace609dcf5eed0.jpg

863564712_2wcm20VFwide.jpg.1ee4834d5a2a2f890c8e4a30cfd18226.jpg

Edited by Guest

Here's a few more pics, I think the wz16 may have had a loose connection or something but you get the idea

1675422177_2awcmwidesmart.jpg.b3ea066624e6a24e3cfd91f253f2795b.jpg

1898915477_3qsee.jpg.2e8388e011a3102c788967e828d09a0b.jpg

29980842_4wz16.jpg.6823a805b6aff8ad1144913918cc615c.jpg

From those pics, they don't look bad at all. Are they dome cameras? I'm looking for a dome camera.

From those pics, they don't look bad at all. Are they dome cameras? I'm looking for a dome camera.
only two of the pics are WBL...

CNB has a dome w IR that is not bad can't remember the model

xM-v8htXLvA

That's my WBL-20S, you can compare it to my other youtubes of the 24VF series and some other cameras.

Yep, if you have light not too bad at night. On it's own it is nowhere close the others. Colors drive me nuts during the day though with no ICR...even the wcm is not that great. Bosch WZ16 has a nice day pic, but no OSD.

704856830_wblday.jpg.765a7fe939580b5e3fd96857c420ba1d.jpg

65688413_wcmday.jpg.9b7ee638ffd9bdc5c195a739a3dc8a87.jpg

Yep, if you have light not too bad at night. On it's own it is nowhere close the others. Colors drive me nuts during the day though with no ICR...even the wcm is not that great. Bosch WZ16 has a nice day pic, but no OSD.

Thanks for the video footage, I'm going to look it over. I'm on the unit for a good IR or non IR dome camera for my application!

Does anyone else have any suggestions or recommendations? I think it might help other people in the same boat.

Why spend a ton? Gadspot GS830SM. Best part, smart IR. So if someone does come into view in that total darkness, the IR brightness will regulate itself for a clear picture. Good luck.

Why spend a ton? Gadspot GS830SM. Best part, smart IR. So if someone does come into view in that total darkness, the IR brightness will regulate itself for a clear picture. Good luck.

Has anyone else tried these Gadspot cameras before? I've never heard of them till today.

I don't have that camera, but I have a number of gadspots and the cameras are great, as well as the purchasing experience.

Thanks, I'll try to find some sample footage from them