iwatchlive

Does anyone know why the GV-1240 would not show me ...

Does anyone know why the GV-1240 would not show me the AGC option. I am going crazy, just put in 22 cameras, audio and three ptz cameras but the install is going to kill me as I cannot get the Auto Gain COntrol UNDER CONTROL!!!!

Please help!

I already updated the drivers on a MSI nVISIS GeFORCE MX4000

Is this card ok? First time my techs used it.

Thanks for any help!

Adam-

Edited by Guest

Are you sure its not a DSP issue? I havent used the combo cards yet, but when using the DSP card with say a GV800, you need to delete the 8 or 16 channel DSP file in the GV folder.

Rory

How does that work? As good as a mux? I also wanted to ask why would the DSP have anything to do with video attributes? I thought it was just the video card problem as direct draw could also have an issue, it was greyed out.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Phew I feel betta!

The DSP takes over everything, at least if using a DSP card with a GV card. You would need to normally delete the file or you would have issues.

Quality wise once set up right, its as good as a mux or quad, high quality composite video and real time video, but you need a CCTV Monitor or TV.

The DSP card "can" give all kind of issues, so I imagine so can the DSP combo card, if not set up right.

Rory

The video card would be the first thing id check there, id use a 256MB for the 1240 or 1480, least i normally use is the 128 and thats for a 4 channel 120fps, i went as low as a 64MB onboard card but that was with the Iview, which is a whole different story.

Rory

PS. 2 names??

The video card would be the first thing id check there, id use a 256MB for the 1240 or 1480, least i normally use is the 128 and thats for a 4 channel 120fps, i went as low as a 64MB onboard card but that was with the Iview, which is a whole different story.

Rory

PS. 2 names??

No, I work w/ Adam.

I'm his Partner Scott.

Aire!

We have been using a Janton 64MB card for a while on 600-4, 650-8 and 800-16's. It seemed to work fine...

This is our first expereience w/ the 1240 card...

What were whe DSP files you were talking about deleting? When do you need to do that?

i can't say you have to do that with the combo card, you will need to read the manual on that. I havent used the combo card "yet".

But if using the DSP card with a GV card, you would have to delete the file or it would just give weird errors.

Also, unlike the GV800 and lower, it requires alot more Video memory. With the DSP card, there was only 2 video cards it was tested with also that would work without issue, ATI and GeForce.

Also, with a DSp card install I had to switch a 64 MB GeForce card for a 128 ATI for it to work properly.

Rory

i can't say you have to do that with the combo card, you will need to read the manual on that. I havent used the combo card "yet".

But if using the DSP card with a GV card, you would have to delete the file or it would just give weird errors.

Also, unlike the GV800 and lower, it requires alot more Video memory. With the DSP card, there was only 2 video cards it was tested with also that would work without issue, ATI and GeForce.

Also, with a DSp card install I had to switch a 64 MB GeForce card for a 128 ATI for it to work properly.

Rory

The 128MB card my vendor has is: GIGABYTE FX5200 128M DDR 8XAGPTV AND DVI

and 256MB: EVGA FX5500 VGA 256 MEG TV/DVI/8X AGP

Which do you think I should try?

stop in TigerDirect and get yourself an ATI dude

Edited by Guest

for the real time cards, i would use the 256, for all others, id just use 128.

Rory

Thanks for the help. Definately bed time for me!

Cool Runnings Mon!

for the real time cards, i would use the 256, for all others, id just use 128.

Rory

Thanks for the help. Definately bed time for me!

Cool Runnings Mon!

dready, that was jamaica irie salasie mon

You guys that are using the Combo boards need to use an ATI 9600 or better VGA card. The reason is primarily because the card you are using does not support DirectX 9 (only 8 at best). The 9600+ boards will support 9.0.

If you don't use a board that supports DirectX 9.0, you will notice that you have extreme horizontal line shifting during Live display when you look at a camera in a single channel, full screen, or 6 position window tile. Even if you use 640x480 or 720x480 De-Interlace), it will make no difference.

If you can get rid of the socket 478 setup and use 775, you can use a PCI-Express VGA card (ATI x300 or better) and you notice a drastic increase in quality.

Scottj

We've built a couple of systems with the 1420 card & none of them even show the AGC button, I don't think its in the software.

Has anyone been able to find it?

It's not used since Direct Overlay is active upon startup via DSP. Same concept as when you use the seperate DSP board with say a GV-800 board. Yes, you can disable the DSP Overlay and then use the AGC control from the GV-800, but when you enable DSP Overlay the AGC is no longer active for Video Attributes. This is normal.

scottj

It's not used since Direct Overlay is active upon startup via DSP. Same concept as when you use the seperate DSP board with say a GV-800 board. Yes, you can disable the DSP Overlay and then use the AGC control from the GV-800, but when you enable DSP Overlay the AGC is no longer active for Video Attributes. This is normal.

scottj

I am going crazy as this new dsp card was supposd to make everything look better, but with no AGC and outdoor cams and bar cams facing windows we are SKA-ROO-ED!

You were going to rely on the software to make the image look better?

Best to buy a good camera first, like a wide dynamic facing the door