stephanovich

nvrdns.com...STRANGE phone call from microsoft !!!

I have just had a very strange experience via a phone call.

on answering the phone I was informed that it was from microsoft...as you would imagine I was rather bewildered and wanted to know how and why the caller had my phone number (I`m in the UK).

He proceeded to explain that there was a malicious program on one of the computers in my house that was infected...I was guided to look at the event log in my computer and asked if there were any "errors" and how many...there were lots ! ...I was asked if I knew where the cause may have come from and next to the "error" in the event log was DDNS...the only DDNS I have on my computer was installed from nvrdns.com and I downloaded the client from there.

I got the information from this forum site and am passing on what has just occurred to me...the caller was genuine and could only have known things about me and my computer from the source it was obtained from originally.

If this should be passed on please do so as I don`t know how to do it.

Thanks.....and still confused.

Hi. mcrosoft would never contact you about your computer. they dont know who or where your are never mind your contact details.

nvrddn is a spyware service and operates under another 6 names.

i would spend time removing there service. even a system restore. and also make shure your external ip changes before you sign up to a good well know DDNS service

Hi. mcrosoft would never contact you about your computer. they dont know who or where your are never mind your contact details.

nvrddn is a spyware service and operates under another 6 names.

i would spend time removing there service. even a system restore. and also make shure your external ip changes before you sign up to a good well know DDNS service

I removed it straight away...whoever it was knew enough about who I was and the computer I was using to tell me what pages I had been looking at and where the computer had been purchased even to the number...I`m still very confused..the guy said he was from a representative site or microsoft rep or something and gave his name,number and other information etc and directed me to things inside my computer that only somebody with an in depth knowledge would know even existed and he knew that there was a problem with something on my computer...when he proved to me certain info I started to take him seriously...I don`t know much about computers except how to use them for the work I do etc as I guess most people do...however...the point I am making is that I was advised to use nvrdns.com by somebody on this site whne I was seeking info on remote viewing set-up...others probably have obtained the same information.

I have several dvr's using nvrdns.com as the ddns. Their server has actually been down for the past couple of

days. My distributor that originally informed me to use nvrddns told me that their internet was down but the

servers were ok. They were back up for a day and then went back down for like 2 days. Currently, the service

is back up. I would like to know what did you download from nvrddns that was on your computer? I only use

that site for remote viewing? I don't see a reason to actually download anything?