ghines

Help needed to fix this night issue

Hi all,

I have a dome camera with IR mounted under the eaves. The house is on level ground at the top of a sloping block and the night images are terrible. Tired several dome cameras with the same result. As you can see the daytime images are fine it is just the night that's a problem.

Any help appreciated.

TIA

Greg

day.bmp

night.bmp

200774_1.jpg

It seems like that when the IR lights come on in the evening. They reflect off the lenses hence bad images, especially pic 2.

One evening, try to take the lens off and see if picture is clear. If it is then thats your problem (ir bounce back)

Hope this helps.

It is simply because the IR on those cameras is arranged as a "spot" instead of a "flood" light. This is a common problem on these cameras & can be overcome by disabling the IR on the camera & installing remote IR illuminators to give a flood light effect.

You say you tried several domes... which ones? I've used a CNB WBL-20S and a Qvis Eye34 and don't have those sort of issues.

You say you tried several domes... which ones? I've used a CNB WBL-20S and a Qvis Eye34 and don't have those sort of issues.

The CNB LJL-20S is also another under $100 option worth considering as well IMO. Similar performance as the WBL-20S (its a bullet style camera, good value too) but with the dome/eyeball format and a little more IR power. The smart IR feature keeps close up IR contacts from being bleached out.

I prefer no IR at all but resorted to using the LJL-20S cameras along the sides of my home to cover gates to the backyard where I didn't want motion floods annoying the neighbors. They're Monalisa based and a good value IMO with no fidgeting out of the box.

Meh. Too much money for a so-so camera. It doesn't even say it's a TDN with a cut filter. I mention that because your day shot looks washed out like that camera doesn't have it either. Any camera you consider should have that included. I know I recommend gadspots a lot, but consider a GS830SM. It has smart IR and should help reduce that hot spot of white in the middle of your shot. I think you have a pretty extreme angle set and you have the fov tight to the ground. You might want to try keeping the camera set at it's widest, pointing it up a bit more to get the road [driveway?] more in the shot as well. A wider more gradual angle might help ease the IR blast on the lawn.

Hi all,

Now I'm all confused

I only picked the Qvis as that was the recommendation from a few of the replies. The specs for the Qvis can be found here (https://securitycameraagent.com/files/EYE-SN34-V2G-NC.pdf) and it looks to be a TDN to me plus it has a DSP.

Can see no DSP in the GS830SM specs either.

So what's the general opinion GS830SM or Qvis EYE-SN34-V2G?

Thanks again all for your input it is really appreciated.

Greg

Edit: Incorrect link given to PDF.

Edited by Guest

Now you're confused?

The qvis pdf you link to is not a varifocal camera, which you say you want, and nowhere does it specify TDN with IR cut. And it's well over a hundred bucks when all is said and done. Most won't know the gadspot- I don't even have it. I'm sure it would be a good choice to consider, that's all. Good features and less expensive. Frankly, I think you should be considering an inexpensive TDN IR cut camera with no osd- everything auto. You put it up, aim it, and there you have it. If you don't know much about settings, a camera with menu options will be difficult for you to dial in. And worst of all, you're pointing an IR camera down at the grass right beneath it. That's most of the problem with the camera you have there at the moment. Point it up and out and you'll help avoid the IR hot spot in the grass.

Now you're confused?

The qvis pdf you link to is not a varifocal camera, which you say you want, and nowhere does it specify TDN with IR cut. And it's well over a hundred bucks when all is said and done. Most won't know the gadspot- I don't even have it. I'm sure it would be a good choice to consider, that's all. Good features and less expensive. Frankly, I think you should be considering an inexpensive TDN IR cut camera with no osd- everything auto. You put it up, aim it, and there you have it. If you don't know much about settings, a camera with menu options will be difficult for you to dial in. And worst of all, you're pointing an IR camera down at the grass right beneath it. That's most of the problem with the camera you have there at the moment. Point it up and out and you'll help avoid the IR hot spot in the grass.

Thanks for your input. I've edited the link of the Qvis to show the varifocal camera. You are correct the Qvis does not actually state TNR or IR cut. So I'm now leaning towards the GS830SM. The reason I'm pointing the camera down towards the lawn so much is I want to get a decent picture when guys do burnouts on my lawn. Yes, can you believe it? Already had several people brought before the court and fined....

Thanks again,

Greg

Hi all,

Finally got the GS830SM and connected it. The day and night pictures are shown below and I'm after suggestions on how to improve the night noise level. The current setting on the camera are:-

Lens - Auto

Shutter/AGC - Auto

White Bal - ATW

Backlight - Off

ATR - Off

Motion Det - Off

Privaxy - Off

Day/Night - Auto

Sync - Int

TIA

Greg

203281_1.jpg