gregcctv

Dahua IPC-HDB3200CP-0360B tilt and pan fail

Hey all. Total noob here so assume the worst..

I finally got my Dahua IPC-HDB3200CP-0360B (Date: 2012-8) setup: the sequence is Airport Extreme > 24AWG Cat6 UTP Ethernet Cable > TP-Link POE Injector > 26AWG Cat5 Ethernet Cable > Dahua IPC-HDB3200CP-0360B Camera.

I'm viewing it via the web interface as well as the PSS V4.04 desktop software [http://www.bahamassecurity.com/downloads/dahua-pss-software.asp] and accessing it via my local network only. In the software it has the tilt/pan controls.

BUT, the camera doesn't even flinch - no movement or sound of attempted movement. Is it possibly the ethernet cables I'm using? Faulty camera that needs to be returned? Inadequate software? Firmware update needed? Nooby moron?

_GregCCTV_

Edited by Guest

It is for manual adjustment. A motor in a security camera would make it much larger than that.

Thank you goldserve for living up to your user name - you are letting me down gently that I'm a fkn moron and assumed that we can buy <$200 cameras that act like they are on Blade Runner.

If I could delete this thread, I would, but I suppose after a couple months of hanging out around here, I can look back at this for a laugh.

No worries greg! I too knew very little about CCTV and if it weren't for this forum and, in particular, 3 former members I would not have learned so much! I took my knocks - often - like having to wait for a reply after a camera went down only to find out the cause was an improperly terminated wire - easy stuff and something I could have fixed quickly. Now I am confident to install residential and commercial systems - on the side - and I continue to ask questions.

Welcome aboard and we'll be happy to help any way we can.