OK, so I'm playing around with my new 1080P IP PTZ and on local network, the PTZ is absolutely perfect. A few people that has remotely logged on

has complained about the lag. So, I'm trying to play around with the network settings. What I did was lowered the bit rate all the way down

on the sub stream and tested it out on my iphone on 3g and it was very responsive. When you hit the arrow, the camera moves, BUT, the image

quality was a bit pixelated. So, I tried VBR and was not happy with that. I seem to like CBR. So I raised the bit rate and the picture went back to sharp

but there was a very slight lag. I will accept that from a cell phone. I'm going to have to play with the main stream with someone else over the phone

while they are logged in. But there is another setting call I Frame Rate. Does anyone know what that is? I set it all the way down and all the way up

and did not make a difference. Anyway, I'd like to know if anyone else has a 1080P PTZ and what have they done to help out the lag response. Thanks!

OK, so I'm playing around with my new 1080P IP PTZ and on local network, the PTZ is absolutely perfect. A few people that has remotely logged on

has complained about the lag. So, I'm trying to play around with the network settings. What I did was lowered the bit rate all the way down

on the sub stream and tested it out on my iphone on 3g and it was very responsive. When you hit the arrow, the camera moves, BUT, the image

quality was a bit pixelated. So, I tried VBR and was not happy with that. I seem to like CBR. So I raised the bit rate and the picture went back to sharp

but there was a very slight lag. I will accept that from a cell phone. I'm going to have to play with the main stream with someone else over the phone

while they are logged in. But there is another setting call I Frame Rate. Does anyone know what that is? I set it all the way down and all the way up

and did not make a difference. Anyway, I'd like to know if anyone else has a 1080P PTZ and what have they done to help out the lag response. Thanks!

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=1&oq=what+is+i+frame&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GZAG_enCA441CA443&q=what+is+i+frame+interval&gs_upl=0l0l0l9134lllllllllll0&aqi=g3g-b1

your problem is simple: the higher the picture quality, the more data it contains, the longer it takes to send it out to your remote client. this is *the* trade-off in remote viewing whether you're dealing with hd or analog.

one thing you can do is check your internet connection's upstream speed, as it will be seriously restricted on most isps' plans. you can also check that nothing else (torrents, other clients, etc.) is eating into that upload speed.

While I am testing out the camera, I definitely close out my torrent program. I do know that much, LOL. I currently have DSL since fios is not available

in my area. The faster speeds will definitely help me out once I actually install the camera in the house I plan on installing it. That person has fios so

it should be better. As far as bit rate settings and I frame settings, I was wondering if anyone has the ''ideal'' settiings that they have found to work

best. I'm kinda feeling that there is no ideal setting because everyones upload speeds are different.

the bitrate setting will have the biggest effect on the lag, since that defines the maximum amount of data the camera will send. if your iframe interval is too small, and/or framerate too high, and/or resolution too high, the camera will have to use more compression to maintain the bitrate, resulting in more pixelation.

there is no "best" setting, because all situations are different, including the upload speed available.

Since testing it out, I put the 1080p ip ptz and a 720P ip dahua bullet on an NVR. Side by side, the image looks pretty much the same. It's when you digitally zoom

into anything, you really notice a big difference.

Since testing it out, I put the 1080p ip ptz and a 720P ip dahua bullet on an NVR. Side by side, the image looks pretty much the same. It's when you digitally zoom

into anything, you really notice a big difference.

Can you provide some sample vid of zooming into a license plate for about 50+ feet?

I'm waiting for my customer to set up a day for me to install it. Right now it's in my home and I'm bench testing it. It is big and heavy so I really can't aim it near a window right now.

the bitrate setting will have the biggest effect on the lag, since that defines the maximum amount of data the camera will send. if your iframe interval is too small, and/or framerate too high, and/or resolution too high, the camera will have to use more compression to maintain the bitrate, resulting in more pixelation.

there is no "best" setting, because all situations are different, including the upload speed available.

"Bitrate setting" in general applies to encoding means recording.

amount of data to be sent very often can controlled