Sign in to follow this  
kdoske

Minimize DVR with no password - Kdoske AverDVRMinimizer.exe

Finally minimize your Aver DVR and Player window to silent mode without typing in a password! I created this app so that it displays a very large button where the task bar would normally be. It is only visible when the DVR Module or the Player Module is running. If you click the button the program will close the Player (if its running) and minimize the DVR to the notification area (the little icons in clock area). To beat a dead horse, hitting the one button on my program would be the equivalent to hitting the power button, selecting minimize, entering your password. It essentially puts it in 'Silent mode' with no password at the click of one button.

Its free for comercial use but donations are deffinately accepted. Paypal: kdoske@gmail.com

I will accept feature request within reason. If you need a complete custom solution for something else pm me for a quote.

Download (v0.01) The forum wont let me use so you are going to have to copy and past the links

http://www.kdoske.com/Kdoske%20AverDVRMinimizer.exe

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-4793a6d3.html

Limitations:

Only tested on Windows7. Could work on others, I dunno.

If you have any folder or another program that is named, 'DVR' or 'PLAYER' then the minimize button will appear.

When you click the minimize button if you hold the button without releasing right away the taskbar will be activated

and there is a chance it will not minimize the DVR.

Click to Enlarge.

202029_1.jpg

I changed the button to read just 'Minimize' instead of 'minimize to taskbar'.

Edited by Guest

wow, I think that hate came at record timing....

Hitting the one button on my program would be the equivalent to hitting the power button, selecting minimize, and entering your password. It essentially puts it in 'Silent mode' with no password at the click of one button. Hitting the windows button does not minimize the program to the notification area (the clock area) and it definately doesn't bypass the password. All it does is show the task bar with the program still opened up full screen.....

Anyone that uses their DVR on a computer for other task will apperciate it. Hitting the windows key is very lame not to mention it doesn't even minimize it. Can you imagine if windows made it were everthing you opened could only be pushed to the background by pressing the windows key with no minimize button? I can't...

wow, I think that hate came at record timing....

listen if you post something please expect a answer................. and were you get the HATE from is your problem.

aver has been minimized by just hitting windows button for 8 years its nothing new. and NO you dont need to enter password.

Its free for comercial use but donations are deffinately accepted. Paypal:

its something thats free for any use. also the same with CM and CM3000 gold and webviewer

202064_1.jpg

Pressing the Windows button on the keyboard does not minimize running applications, it brings up the Windows Start Menu and Taskbar in XP, Vista & 7.

Windows Logo + D shows the desktop and will minimize Remote Console. However, Windows Logo + D does not work w/ Remote Console during playback when using "Download & Playback." It works when using "Real Time Playback" though.

aver has been minimized by just hitting windows button for 8 years its nothing new. and NO you dont need to enter password.

God forbid someone come out with something easier and ruin your 8 year streak of keyboard buttons that frankly don't even do what you claim they do. I have the program on my desktop and it does not do what you claim. I guess if you hit the windows key and then hit the show desktop button it would 'work' but it would only not be visible until you clicked something. As soon as you ran another program or clicked on something on your desktop the DVR program would pop back up. Also, the program I made works with the main DVR program. The whole point of the program I wrote is for people who use their DVR computer for other task. In that case you wouldn't run the remote console it makes no sense.

Pressing the Windows button on the keyboard does not minimize running applications, it brings up the Windows Start Menu and Taskbar in XP, Vista & 7.

Windows Logo + D shows the desktop and will minimize Remote Console. However, Windows Logo + D does not work w/ Remote Console during playback when using "Download & Playback." It works when using "Real Time Playback" though.

Finally, thank you grooveman. Anyway, for whatever its worth the programs free so have fun. Tom your reply still doesn't make much sense and lord only knows what you are circling on the taskbar, but have fun pushing your windows key to your hearts content and sorry to have troubled you with progress......

kdoske - appreciate the work. Thanks for sharing. There are plenty of people who do not use keyboard shortcuts and I can see something like this coming in handy.

Now, get to work on putting Aver's remote console program in a window that can be resized and moved! That's something I would really like to have.

kdoske - appreciate the work. Thanks for sharing. There are plenty of people who do not use keyboard shortcuts and I can see something like this coming in handy.

Now, get to work on putting Aver's remote console program in a window that can be resized and moved! That's something I would really like to have.

Shouldn't be that hard. Give me a day.

As requested!!! Just put the program in your windows startup folder and anytime you open up Aver Remote Console it will give it its own title bar and min/max buttons. Resizing will never be possible unless Aver incorperates it into the program themselves. That would involve a lot of internal code so the window would now how to rearrange everything in it according to its new size. I could add the resize option in this program I just made but if you resized the window all it would do is make it smaller but not rearrange anything so it would essentially just hide anything that was no longer in view.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=32458

You talking about the main DVR program? Correct me if im wrong but isn't that an option in settings to have it start in compact mode? I'm new to Aver so maybe we are talking about two different things I know on mine there is a checkbox for 'startup in compact mode'. I would think you would just uncheck that and you should be good to go right? Probably uncheck 'launch in silent mode' too.

I mean start in full screen, full screen that you see if you click "full screen" on the main dvr window, full screen less the bottom bar that is in compact mode.

Unless I missed it somewhere, you cant do multiple "spanning" monitors with Aver? I know you can customize tv out, but that doesnt show the pos text.

What I had to do was install imatrix, run Aver in silent mode, then launch iMatrix to look at ip 127.0.0.1 and all this on the one dvr so I could use up to 4 monitors with pos text.