Sign in to follow this  
kdoske

Remote Console With a Title Bar - Kdoske Aver RC Control.exe

Allows you to run the Aver Remote Console in its own window with a title bar that allows you to move Aver Remote Console from one screen to the next and even use a minimize and maximize button like normal. Simply add to your Windows startup programs and it will do the rest anytime you open up Aver Remote Console.

Its free for comercial use but donations are deffinately accepted. Paypal: kdoske@gmail.com

I will accept feature request within reason. If you need a complete custom solution for something else pm me for a quote.

Download (v0.01)

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-46dda22c.html

Limitations:

• Only tested on Windows7. Could work on others, I dunno.
    The Maximize button will snap it to fill your screen but the taskbar will cover up the buttom buttons since the window can't be resized. I could make it were its always on top to prevent this but then it kind of makes it not like a normal window. I suppose I could add it as an option later so the user could decide...
    The 'X' button will not close the program. You will still have to use the Power button. Aver has disabled that internally in the program so there is nothing I can ever do to make it work.

Click to Enlarge.

202124_1.jpg

That's pretty cool!

Wish I had your talent.

I had a problem when I tried to expand the window, it locked up on me but, it works fine if I don't try that.

I wish Aver would make all their windows do that. Sometimes its a PITA.

Cheers,

John

Thanks man.

What version of windows you using? The maximize button works fine on mine. I may disable it so it doesn't cause problems for others. I agree with you. I am a little baffeled how its not at least an option. From other conversations I have had with others on the forum it seems its been this way for 8 years and everyone just seems rollover and comply. Granted there are cases were you want to lock out everything on the computer but they really should give the installer/user the option: check here for always on top, check here for no minimize button, etc....

That's pretty cool!

Wish I had your talent.

I had a problem when I tried to expand the window, it locked up on me but, it works fine if I don't try that.

I wish Aver would make all their windows do that. Sometimes its a PITA.

Cheers,

John

kdoske, this is fantastic. Thank you so very much!

I'd like to provide you with a little feedback. None of it is a big deal. The ability to just move Remote Console to another screen is a major deal to me and very much appreciated.

First, specs of the system I'm currently on:

Intel i3-2130, 6GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit, Dual Screen - 19" Standard @ 1280 x 1024

- Remote Console does open "in its own window with a title bar that allows you to move Aver Remote Console from one screen to the next and even use a minimize and maximize button like normal." " title="Applause" />

- Window position is not remembered. It will always open on screen 1. This is OK by me as it's easily moved....thanks to you

- Maximizing on screen 2 works perfectly, except the word "preview" on the preview button is cut off. Whoop-de-do

- Real Time Playback calendar opens on screen 1 & cannot be moved (no big deal - disapears when date & time are selected anyway). Video plays in the Remote Console Window which can still be moved around. However, when switching to full screen, Remote Console will snap (maximized) to screen 1, but can be moved back to screen 2. Same thing happens when exiting full screen. Very minor inconvenience to me.

- Download & Playback calendar can be moved to screen 2, as well as the Select Video window (can do this without Aver RC Control.exe running). However, the playback window (I believe it uses xplayer.exe) cannot be moved and will remain on screen 1.

- QPlayer cannot be moved from screen to screen. This is expected though (as expected with XPlayer) as the program was written solely for Remote Console, correct?

I haven't tried Aver RC Control.exe with CM3000 yet, but I don't expect it to work, and that's ok. Again, Aver RC Control.exe was written to work with Remote Console only, correct?

Thanks again for your efforts. " title="Applause" />