OhSoFLY

New to CCTV - need a little help please

Hello, we just got this system after having a few instances around home with vandals and theives. It will also be helpful to my wife with the twin babies, she can watch the older kids around the property from inside... if I can get it working properly. I have the unit mounted about 12ft up in the veranda so the kids cant play with it. I spent all last evening up on top of the ladder playing with settings LOL

This is the system that I bought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160840493112?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

202143_1.jpg

I have everything hooked up as per the instructions, but the screens are blank and not showing what it on the cameras. The HDD I bought was a Seagate something or other, 1000GB @ 7200RPM as the manual states that will work. The system detects that the HDD is operational and gives me a readout of the remaining space available etc. So the HDD works fine. The mouse plugged in and worked fine, the monitor worked fine when plugged in... Its just the cameras. I have gone through and checked the connections, its not like you can get them backwards, the cables only go one way, and the 2 ends are different so its not possible to plug them in the wrong spots.

202143_2.jpg

202143_3.jpg

I have been playing with the settings all evening and cant get any readout on the monitor. The little white boxes mean that it is recording as per the manual start/stop, but the screens blank. There is also no I/R lights on on the cameras themselves. I worked at a nightclub that had a system like this before, and the cameras all had a red ring of LEDs on them to allow them to record in the dark.

202143_4.jpg

These are some shots of the setup screens. Am I missing something here? The unit was ordered direct from China so we could save some money, and the instructions are as easy to read as if I were to write an instruction manual in Chinese. There is lots of pictures in them, and I can make heads or tails out of it all. I know Im missing something stupid here and cant figure it out. I appreciate any help you can provide me.

202143_5.jpg

202143_6.jpg

202143_7.jpg

Edited by Guest

The cameras have these cords, one connection is a coax cable that goes to the coax inputs onthe rear of the DVR unit, and the other is a power lead that leads to an 8way splitter that is connected to a plug in, its the one thats on the left side of the powerbar in the photo. These cords only fit one way as there is male connectors on one end, and females on the other. So its not possible to install them backwards.

The powerbar has 3 plug ins - camera power - DVR unit - Monitor

202146_1.jpg

You have enticed me to go outside with my voltmeter and check voltage at the power leads behind the cameras. Will check back in with findings.

Edited by Guest

You have enticed me to go outside with my voltmeter and check voltage at the power leads behind the cameras. Will check back in with findings.

That was my next question.

Hi. in your software you dont have camera active selected. you will need to tick this for all your cameras.

also with not seeing a red glow from camera IR. this should only be noticed at night time. or you may also have a power problem.

202148_1.jpg

I get 12.3 VDC out of the powerpack

0.33 VDC out of each of the 8 way splitter heads

0.30 VDC at the camera end of the extentions on the 3 cameras I can reach.

Tom, I will go out now and check that thing you circled. Thanks.

EDIT - I have it tickd for ALL cameras.

I found another 12v DC powerpack that I will to plug into one of the camera leads. It would seem I am getting way too much of a voltage drop because of the 8way splitter.

I get 12.3 VDC out of the powerpack

0.33 VDC out of each of the 8 way splitter heads

0.30 VDC at the camera end of the extentions on the 3 cameras I can reach.

Tom, I will go out now and check that thing you circled. Thanks.

Seems like it is either time to go back to the seller to see if he can send another. But, to tell you the truth, ebay was never a reliable source for CCTV. You can buy an 8 way 12 VDC CCTV from other, more reliable sellers.

WOOHOO I hooked the powerpack to 1 camera and i get feed from that channel now. so it appears that my splitter is NFG...

please do tell the more reliable seller...

Oh wow, thanks so much for the help guys, its got a loose wire or something in the splitter, it will work if I twist the wires. Shes on her way to the electronics place to buy me a new wire splitter. System works great now.

Score 1 WIN for the internet help!

I did buy the dvr system also, but got a cd with software that was not readeble.

Can someone help me out to point me to a website that has software for this dvr ??

What brand is it, or what software.

hi everybody.i need a big help. i have a standalone dvr system like this only with 4 cameras. i need firmware version because my dvr keep restarting on his factory date and is not recording...

firmware version is V2.82.R09.00031035

date:2012.05.24 time:15.36.34

serial number:000c4701176b

this are other parts that i can see on motherboard

1.Nanya 1219 nt5tu32m16dg-ac -512Mb DDR2 SDRAM - Nanya Technology Corporation 2.Nextchip nvp1104b 3.Winbond w29gl064cb7s 4.Grain core gm8183ts-bg

and here are pictures

071.JPG.49006ae8a5f1afb11cced0a6ba1edb89.JPG

072.jpg.2a42b0081283cfabb78dcd5be302735f.jpg

073.jpg.2160ebaa8c2135c738f713ee6c024b25.jpg

Is this new and did it ever record? If it did and doesn't now, have you tried a reformat of the HD? That will tell us something.

Dennis

yes i bought it new from ebay and i use it for 2 weeks without HDD.then i purchase a 650 Gb Hdd and it record it 4 days and then i found it blocked.i reset the hdd and test it it is ok.i think it is a software problem (( now when i start it it works ok for 5-8 hours and then time and date are on factory settings and videos are deleted????are you heard about this problem?

hi x_saso,

I too am having the same problem with a customers dvr. I have installed a 2.5" Hdd to reduce the load on the circuit board, but I am still getting the same reset problems. It is not possible to use an external usb hdd with this model, so my next step is to attach a 12v fan I rescued from an old sky box. I have wired this into the hdd power header ( red and black wires), and I have attached the fan to the heatsink with a small blob of blu-tack.

I will put it on test today and let you know how I get on.