tondar

Need help setting up No-IP DDNS on Dahua DVR

Hey all,

In early 2009 I bought an intellicam system from Shoreview Security (Now out of business). Back then I thought I had setup my DDNS with no-ip correctly but really don't know. I have always been able to remote view my DVR by going to my no-ip.org domain but I don't know for certain that my IP address ever changed. Today I switched ISP's so of course my IP changed and I've noticed that my IP address for my domain on no-ip hasn't updated. So I need help setting this up again. Here's what I have let me know what you think:

DDNS Type: NO-IP DDNS (enabled)

Server IP: Since I bought the DVR this was set to 204.16.252.79; I called NO-IP and was told it should be 8.23.224.120 (anyone know for sure?)

Port: 80

Domain Name: This was blank all along; NO-IP told me to put in xxxxx.no-ip.org (my domain name) I did this and then saved and rebooted the DVR when I went to look at it again it was blank again?!?!?!

User Name: Before I had the "xxxxxx" from my domain name. NO-IP told me to put in the username I log in to their website with

Password: This has always been and continues to be the password I log into their site with

So what do you think... have I ever had this setup right? Do I have it setup right now? Why did it delete my domain name when I saved and rebooted?

How often does the DVR update the IP at No-ip.com?

Thanks for all the help!

Tony

If you want to find out no-ip's server IP, you can go into command menu and ping no-ip.com. You can also update the IP yourself by deleting the domain

name and than recreating it when your on the same network as the DVR. The new domain will pick up the new IP. Sometimes when you enter it in the

DVR, it doesn't not update right away. You also need to make sure you checked enable in the ddns menu in the dvr as well. Personally, I use nvrdns.com

or nvrdydns.com. They are free and easy to setup.

203180_1.jpg

I'm thinking this has never worked. All the information I have found says I need to configure my DNS server. I don't even have a DNS server link to click on in my DVR software. What exactly is the DNS server and what does it do that allows my DDNS to function. It would be nice if there were better instructions than what I have access to now.

Thanks to anyone who can help

yeah on the DVR itself under "settings/network" there's no DNS section

under "Advanced settings" I have:

IP filter

NTP

Multicast

PPPOE

DDNS

Email

FTP

Alarm server

That's it...

When I go to GenIV's website there's a PDF for setting up DDNS with G4IP.com on the JS-XLA (what I have, older one) that says something about firmware and to check if you have a DNS entry or not.... I guess the firmware I have just isn't setup for this to work... strange they would have a DDNS section if it never worked because the DNS section wasn't there. Still would like someone to explain to me what the DNS does..