ssnapier

CCTV in a car... tied to all the sensors.. have you ever?

I just got a request to put CCTV into a car, which is normally not an issue but in this case I am thinking it will be tricky. He wants recording triggers from every sensor (doors, trunk, hood, sunroof, etc.) which I am thinking will be a VERY large task. I was also asked for the ability to broadcast this video over the cellular network.

This is in the USA so 4G is an option, but I am just curious to see if anyone out there has done anything with the sensors in question and if so how did you do it, and what sort of time was involved?

By recording triggers You mean to have some kind of an icon/OSD on the screen saying that doors are opened/closed etc? What does CCTV have to do with it? any picture should be recorded as well or just a log from the sensors?

If analogue would suffice, Id say go for a mobile DVR with alarm inputs: http://www.hikvision.com/en/Products_show.asp?id=6110

If there should be HD picture, I'd say he should consider something else - perhaps a separate log/video system - it might be cheaper.

If a list of his demands is big, I'd recommend to look for some talented programmer and ask him to help to create a special app on android platform for example and to integrate whole thing on a tablet. It might be the best choice considering customization that is desired.

The door sensors should be no problem. Sunroof might be some more work. You can partner with a mobile alarm installer for those triggers. Putting it all together is going to be a lot more work. Why not use motion detection instead? Broadcasting video might be the largest task of it all. Uploading is one thing, real time streaming is another.

Axis has a nice recorder suited for mobile vehicles.

It's mostly based on usage in busses so it might be a tad overkill for a car where you might have 3 camera's max.

It's the Q8108-R