ClosedCircuitCom

GeoVision Server

It is a great little program when I had it working. I was using it to detect everytime a cash register was opened and sending a video clip of what happened a several seconds before and after that.

So I could see each transaction taking place.

I removed Skype off of it today to see if that might be some type of conflict. The rotuer keeps getting locked up on me.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

It is a shame the video streaming gets interruped and it doesn't start again until you manually intervene and answer the yes/no question.

That was great.

Was that you grinding your gears? Nice sounding motor.

I have done the video taping thing while driving many times. Luckily I have never run anybody over or ran into anybody.

That was the traffic tour. Maybe you can get some beach shots while people on spring break are still there?

yeah we got a few more weeks of spring break ... i gotta get over the flu first ..

that is an automatic BTW ... no changing gears ... its called a 4.0 with a flowmaster and no cat covertors ... straight 2.5" end pipe .. etc etc etc ..

In short, Dispatch server is a tool to manage multiple Center V2 (and Center V2 Pro).

For example if you have 5 Center V2 (not 5 subscribers but 5 Center V2) on 5 PCs, and each PC you may assign 10 clients (makes total of 50 clients under 5 Center V2 Pro). If one day one of the PCs is down (or taken way for maintenance), what happen to the 10 clients you originally assign to that PC? Basically they are out of connection and you may need to manually re-assign the clients to one of your Center V2 Pro existing in field. However, with Dispatch server, you may create all subscribers on Dispatch server, and in case you need to shut down one of the Center V2 Pro, your subscribers won't be out of connection but automatically be re-directed to another Center V2 Pro existing in field.

Hope it's helpful.....

The despatch server is for deligating where the video data will go to, for example you may have several Geocenter sites and therefore several ISP's to go through, the despacth server is usually on a higher grade connection and it polls the center sites for connectivity, if the site is overloaded and can not take any more connections or if it is down it can buffer it to another site.

You will not have too many issues with bandwidth if you stick to solid state motion detection...IE use the GVIO relays in conjuction with an alarm to activate the streaming, this can also be latched via an alarm panel..

An example would be that you put your pincode on your keypad to arm your alarm, this would cause an closed circuit on the GVIO board, this then tells the software to log in using your account user name and password to the center site and shoul also be used to set your schedule for night time recordings, entering the PIN again will disable the connection.

I would imagine the reason you can not connect is because you need to create the account first in the Center V2.. it is not unlike an alarm monitoring station, the customer does not simply connect, first it needs to be programmed in... make sure your account user and password match both on the Center V2 and the DVR.

My suggestion is to (only for demo) run it on one box and use a twin view video card for testing... you can easily set your dvr to connect to the Center V2 by making the DVR connect to 127.0.0.1 (local host) then you can wire into the I/O board and try it out without having to run between two machines.

You can stream on alarm,motion,ftp or constant, the last option is going to chew your bandwidth to bits!!!!