NexusSolutions

Biometric Reader - Suprema

Has anyone had any experience with Biometric (fingerprint) readers in an access control application? We have a request from a customer to provide four locations with fingerprint credentials. I have been looking at Suprema and would like to know if anyone has used their product. We would only be using their outdoor mifare biometric reader along with our infinias software and eidc. Or have you had any success with any other weigand product?

Hello, actually i worked with Suprema finger print readers BioEntry Plus and BioLite Net

it combine finger print with proximity card reader or/with digicode

works with wiegand and offers net-workable solutions with the ability of standalone solution.

I've used the Schlage Handkey II'2

Put in about 34 of them at a location. At first they worked perfect but a few of them are slowly starting to have issues. The displays on a 2 of the units have stopped working, the relay output on another failed, and a keypad on the other has failed. These units get used hundreds of times a day and the client isn't really known for taking care of them though.

I've also used the General Lock Helix 100 fingerprint reader when it first came out. I wasnt too impressed with it, hopefully they have fixed the issues on the original units. It was a standalone or wiegand output.