yakky

Outdoor Proofing Baluns?

Any tips for outdoor proofing baluns? I'm mounting in covered areas that should get no rain under normal circumstances, but I can't help but wonder if there is a good way to protect the baluns from condensation.

Any tips for outdoor proofing baluns? I'm mounting in covered areas that should get no rain under normal circumstances, but I can't help but wonder if there is a good way to protect the baluns from condensation.

I always worry about those freak storms when the rain blows sideways - moisture is bound to get to the balun. for me, its back box or junction box all the way.

Do you guys have any recommendations for small, like just barely larger than the balun, junction boxes?

I was also thinking of just gooping them. Anyone have any miserable fail stories with goop or silicone?

Do you guys have any recommendations for small, like just barely larger than the balun, junction boxes?

I was also thinking of just gooping them. Anyone have any miserable fail stories with goop or silicone?

Make sure it is NOT an acid based silicon or it wont last a month. Use an IP rated box & same some heartache