HI All

I'm pretty new to the cctv indusrty and require some help. on isntalling a cctv system i hooked up the tester and focused the camera and on the screen it was sharp and clear. on hooking to the dvr it looked good on quad view but when i put it to full screen it looks awful. its really unclear and pixelated.

Could this be the monitor or am i doing something wrong

its a 16:9 monitor and i have recoders set to top quailty in recording.

many thanks in advance

Emmet

Depends on what DVR you have. Most cameras look great when hooked directly to a monitor or live view on the dvr. The actual footage once compressed goes downhill quickly.

You need to tell us a bit more info. How many TV lines is the camera,420tvl, 550tvl, 600tvl, 700tv.? What resolution setting do you have in the DVR, D1, CIF, QCIF? What type of cable are you connecting your Monitor to the DVR, hdmi, coax, vga? And lastly what size is the monitor, 15", 20", 55"?

You need to tell us a bit more info. How many TV lines is the camera,420tvl, 550tvl, 600tvl, 700tv.? What resolution setting do you have in the DVR, D1, CIF, QCIF? What type of cable are you connecting your Monitor to the DVR, hdmi, coax, vga? And lastly what size is the monitor, 15", 20", 55"?

Thanks for replying

Camera

◦1/3” Sony Super HAD II CCD

◦600 TV Line Resolution

◦2.8-12mm Vari-Focal Lens

◦Day/Night Function

◦0.1 Lux at F1.2(Colour)/ 0.01 Lux(BW)

◦Back light compensation (64 Area)

DVR is set to D1 @25fps

I am running the cameras on rg59 and the monitor is running on vga and is 18.5inch

Thanks again

One of my boys rang in the other day to say he could not get a clear focus on a new camera. He replaced it with a used camera for testing purposes & the pic was fine. He was sure the new camera was crook. Went out to the job to have a look & he hadn't removed the protective film from the front of the lens. He has never had a problem with this for the last 2 years so I think he was suffering from Monday-itis. I told him he was an idiot.

emmet, if the dvr is recording at D1 resolution, that's 720 × 486 for NTSC systems and 720 × 576 for PAL. I'm sure the resolution on the monitor is much higher (probably 1366 x 768) so when the image is enlarged to full screen it's stretching out quite a bit and will get pixelated.

As groovy says the resolution is probably the problem

Where in IRL ?

I cover all over and will be around a lot next week

Drop me a PM and if im in the area i'll take a look for you

HI All

I'm pretty new to the cctv indusrty and require some help. on isntalling a cctv system i hooked up the tester and focused the camera and on the screen it was sharp and clear. on hooking to the dvr it looked good on quad view but when i put it to full screen it looks awful. its really unclear and pixelated.

Could this be the monitor or am i doing something wrong

its a 16:9 monitor and i have recoders set to top quailty in recording.

many thanks in advance

Emmet

Your resolution is only as good as your weakest link in the system.