Angel1403

Geovision 800

Ok............I have removed the Hybrid MVP2 card and the system does not hang

I have got into the main screen. Although, no image as yet from the two cameras I have connected??

In relation to the Hybrid card.....does this mean its faulty?

Cheers

Allan

Are you using Line Lock cameras connected to the Hybrid card?

If so, this will cause a system hang.

Scottj

I dont know what I line lock camera is.

I have 3 B&W Infra red cameras and 2 Sony ccd infra red colour cameras.

Cheers

Allan

Angel, try not connecting the B/W cameras to the Hybrid card, only use the color and IR. Let me know the results. I am thinking the B/W cams are causing the issue.

Scottj

Hi Scott,

Doing a clean Win XP Pro install at the moment. The system would not boot up, so I gave up........Though, very nearly put computer out the window

I will leave out the Hybrid card at the moment. If it works without it, I will try adding it.

I think the camera issue was caused due to me connecting the video cable to the white audio in cable on the GV Card

Am I correct in thinking that the audio lead goes into the hybrid card, or into the white lead with the same number as the video input chosen?

Cheers

Allan

Angel, shoot me your email and I will send you some PDF files you can reference for connectivity etc.

Scottj

Hi angel,

regarding your problem...

my advice is X series of ATi might be too new got the GV v7. just get a normal video card with 128 will do (prefered ati) (this is my experience, i tried x300, not working but work with other 9250ati series)

another thing is v7 GV need a dogglekey (USB) for the license issue.

so have you plug in the usb doggle key yet ?

GV800 is a good card !

enjoy.

Not true about the dongles, depends on the board itself versus the version of software. The newer boards do not require the dongle to run V.7.0 through V.7.04. Even with 7.1 Beta. The GV-900 is the only model that will always require a dongle since it will be discontinued and is not the newer anti-piracy version.

Another thing is when using the Hybrid card, the ATI 9250 won't cut it since it does not support DirectX 9.0. The only ATI versions that support DX9.0 are the 9550 (some), but primarily the 9600+ models.

Scottj