fullhouse

No or very very bad picture at night

Hello,

Have a 4 channel DVR wich we have installed in more situations.

Have several analog 600 tvl cameras which also have installed more..

Now the problem.

The pictures are very good at daytime. No problem at all.

But when it gets darker the IR lights switch on , the pictures are slowly going from full color to nightvision Black and White

Than it happens .. pictures are no longe visible. Just blurry and black and white?

Problem is not all cameras are doing this? But all cameras that are mounted are the same?

When daylight is coming again all is ok.?? Strange thing is on my tester all is ok?

System is build with UTP cable max lenghts 25 - 35 meters with Video balun

Video power is 12 volt constant

Video level was however 1.3 volts

What we tryed so far:

Change the baluns : no effect

Brought the video level/amplitude back to 500 mV ( on my tester picture still all ok) No effect

Power measured 12 volts ok amps is also ok

So if there is anybody who knows this problem and maybe has some tip how to deal with this.. Thanks!\

Greetings from The Netherlands

Rick

Don't have an answer at this point, but have you tried bypassing the power and video cable for your test? In other words, did you supply 12V directly at the camera with a 12VDC power supply and connect a monitor directly to the video cable at the camera? Not sure what I'm expecting, but,,,,,,,,

Dennis

Hello Rick,

As you mentioned, but which type of camera, IR Dome or IR bullet? I think first off is you could see does glass of front case is clean or blurry if it clean remove front case to check surface of lens does clean if above one or both is foggy please clean up then try it may be works.