Automated Surveillance

Geovision 1240 DSP Not Working Properly

Hello everyone and thank you in advance for any help or suggestions. I have built a system consisting of:

Processor - Pentium 4 630 3.00GHz HT Em64T, 800MHz FSB

Motherboard - ASUS, P5GL- MX Intel 915GL chipset, 800MHz FSB

PCI-e x16, SATA RAID, Video, Audio, LAN

Memory - Crucial, 512MB PC 3200DDR x 2

Video Card - Sapphire, ATI RADEON x550 PCI-E 256MB DDR

Hard Drive - Western Digital, 250GB WD Caviar SATA II 300MB/s

DVR Card - Geovision 1240 -16

When using the interface camera video is not shown if DSP is selected.

When using the Full screen DSP only black pictures appear where video should be.

Any help getting DSP to work with this system would be greatly appreciated

P.S. I tried switching out video card to a Xtasy ATI x300se 256MB PCI-e card and system did not even recongnized the video card.

What is your resolution set to, did you go to www.ati.com and download the latest drivers for Radeon? Do not use what is on the CD, outdated.

Also, what type of camera are you using?

Scottj

That is a weird one.

Have you seen the camera’s working before?

Are you having any other problem displaying video? Media player, etc?

Double checked all connections?

Is there any other information you can provide to help you trouble shoot?

with the combo card, do you have to delete that DSP dll file in the Geo Folder, as you have to with the DSP card?

If you have Hyper Threading enabled, try disabling it and see if you get video. Sounds strange, but trust me there is documentation to support known issues.

Also, what version of Geo are you running, 7.0, 7.02, or 7.04?

PM me if you need the latest version and I will send you a link to the full version, not the upgrade.

Scottj

with the combo card, do you have to delete that DSP dll file in the Geo Folder, as you have to with the DSP card?

Only with the GV-DSP Rory, not the combo DSP feature.

Scottj

Hi Scott, I am using version 7.0.4 - upgraded from geovision.com.tw. Originally installed 7.0.2. I upgraded because when DSP is checked I lose the video. It does not say video Lost, simply a black screen. When I don't use DSP I get a picture but it is quite pixelated. Do you have access to 7.1 yet? Im stuck on what to do with this system probly just sell it. I wanted to used PCI-e to see what kind of improvement in video quality I would get from AGP baised Geovision systems. If you don't mind sharing with me. What do you suggest for the combo card series as far as system specs go.

Thanks for the help

Mo

I'm having a similar problem w/a Sapphire X700 PCI-e card. Like DirectDraw overlays don't work correctly. Fullscreen mode, or having the DSP overlay turned on results in no video being shown (black screen). Video is still recorded however, and can be viewed in playback.

I've ensured DirectX 9c is installed, card drivers, etc.. any insight would be helpful..

I have the same Geo Card and a X600 PCI-e card w/256MB memory and I am not experiencing any problems.

Can you tell us more about your system, what hardware, what version of Geo your running?

He needs to have NET Framework installed to run the Catalyst Control Panel through ATI. This way he will actually support the Direct Draw Overlay capability as well as Auto-Detect De-Interlacing feature that his VGA card offers. Without these updates the Catalyst drivers for ATI will not initialize properly.

Scottj

Jasper has them installed, can't speak for Rory.

That is because your board may not support DirectX 9.0 Rory, probably just version 8.1. The only ATI chipsets that support DX9.0 are the 9550 (a few of them) and 9600 or higher such as the ones these guys are mentioning above.

The Catalyst drivers from the ATI site will give you an error message while trying to initialize without the NET Framework updated to the most current patch.

Scottj

Man...haha I almost forgot what your original problem was, whew!

Ok, so you have the GV-1240 with onboard DSP output. When you use the DSP Fullscren capability, you get a black screen in place of actual camera video?

I just want to make sure I am on the same level here with you now.

Do you get the black screen on both the DVR itself and also the external TV/CCTV monitor?

Scottj

I have not tried an external analog monitor since I cant get monitor 1 working. I've still be doing research and still have not come up with a solution. I reformated the HD, Reinstalled Windows, Installed your Geoversion Scott, and again downloaded the lastes drivers from ATI.com

STILL NO DSP OVERLAY. And I though with system specs this high I would have great, quality DVR system. Instead only headaches. Check my first post for the complete system specs.

Mo

Scott,

I don’t think I have Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 on my DVR.

I would think I would see it under the add/remove programs. I have it installed on my personal computer with an ATI 9800 Pro and it shows it in add/remove programs.

I don’t not see this same listing on the DVR add/remove programs list?

So as far as I know I don’t have Framework 1.1 on my DVR?

I have searched my registry and have discovered that I have .NET Framework version 1.1.4322 not 1.1 on my DVR.