reeves1985

camera picture problems

hi guys im new to the forums after having purchasing myself a little camera for christmas the only problem is i dont know whether im doing something wrong or the camera itself is faulty!!

the camera i have is:

http://www.cameras-cctv.com/day-night-camera/2616

i did quite a bit of research on this and thought i was getting a decent camera for the price

but the picture quality seems terrible. there are quite a few options in the on screen menu which i keep chopping and changing to try and get it right as well as the manual zoom and focus.

but no matter what i try the picture seems to have what looks like brown chequered dots and also the picture is ridiculously blocky.

i mean the menu has a face recognition auto zoom function but from any distance you cant even make out a face! so something just seems wrong or the camera itself is faulty

im not a newb newb at setting up a camera my parents have one which i put up and that works like a charm with great picture quality and the camera the have is in the lower range of the same line of cameras

so i understand what sort of picture quality i would expect to be getting and appriciate it isnt going to be 1080p

anybody have any experiance with this camera or any tips or help

or is it a case of me buying either a faulty camera or just a very poor one

thanks in advance

There is hardly a camera ever built that actually lives up to the sales pitch. That is not to say they are all rubbish , just that it is in the genes of a salesman to exagerate , they can't help it.

If the camera you purchased doesn't live up to the description then send it back. If you got it off ebay then you should've known better. There are lots of low cost cameras that do a really good job but I stick to known manufacturers/distributors with a known quality product.

What I do do with people who are very price sensative is find these cheaper cameras & let them know that they are not a camera I have ever used & cannot vouch for their quality. Sometimes they opt to go with the cheaper camera & take responsibility for the results. This way I get to try these cameras & have often discovered some that I have continued to use.

hi guys im new to the forums after having purchasing myself a little camera for christmas the only problem is i dont know whether im doing something wrong or the camera itself is faulty!!

the camera i have is:

http://www.cameras-cctv.com/day-night-camera/2616

i did quite a bit of research on this and thought i was getting a decent camera for the price

but the picture quality seems terrible. there are quite a few options in the on screen menu which i keep chopping and changing to try and get it right as well as the manual zoom and focus.

but no matter what i try the picture seems to have what looks like brown chequered dots and also the picture is ridiculously blocky.

i mean the menu has a face recognition auto zoom function but from any distance you cant even make out a face! so something just seems wrong or the camera itself is faulty

im not a newb newb at setting up a camera my parents have one which i put up and that works like a charm with great picture quality and the camera the have is in the lower range of the same line of cameras

so i understand what sort of picture quality i would expect to be getting and appriciate it isnt going to be 1080p

anybody have any experiance with this camera or any tips or help

or is it a case of me buying either a faulty camera or just a very poor one

thanks in advance

HI

Mostly noise comes from power and the cable .

if you never see clear image , perhaps the camera has proble from the PCB .

Can i ahve the frozen image so that identify what's the problem

Philip

sonyfcb@gmail.com

Yes I will get a freeze frame sorted and uploaded when I get home

Would be good to know from someone more in the know with these things as if its faulty I can get it sent back

Other than that do the specs and numbers look ok?

Thanks

There is hardly a camera ever built that actually lives up to the sales pitch. That is not to say they are all rubbish , just that it is in the genes of a salesman to exagerate , they can't help it.

If the camera you purchased doesn't live up to the description then send it back. If you got it off ebay then you should've known better. There are lots of low cost cameras that do a really good job but I stick to known manufacturers/distributors with a known quality product.

What I do do with people who are very price sensative is find these cheaper cameras & let them know that they are not a camera I have ever used & cannot vouch for their quality. Sometimes they opt to go with the cheaper camera & take responsibility for the results. This way I get to try these cameras & have often discovered some that I have continued to use.

Thanks for the reply

The camera was from a reputable company in the uk so I have no problem if I want to return etc

I have actually bought from them before on there advice and was more than happy with the quality of that particular camera

But as I was told it was a better model than the last was expecting it to be a hell of a lot better than what it is

Like I said in the original post I appreciate that on a small scale budget your not going to get HD pic quality etc

i have added a couple of stills so people can have a look and see if they can identify a problem at all

208318_1.jpg ]208318_2.jpg

also just for comparison the camera i have is a slight upgrade on this camera in this youtube video

2dGWqd3vSaI

as im sure you can see the difference is quite substantial and i am just stuck at a loss as to what or that maybe the camera is faulty itself.

I can't see these brown chequered blocks you refer to in those thumbnails. It does appear that you have a overly wide angle lens that is causing the "fisheye" distortion ( 2mm perhaps) You should concentrate on the area of interest & not try to capture everything to the horizon.

The youtube clip shows a camera that is in need of some chroma correction. The yellow is breaking through.

Thanks I have only just realised you cannot enlarge the thumb pics

So will be hard to tell anything from them

Ill get the links to the images posted so you can have a closer look

here are the images that you can expand to take a closer look

i would appreciate your opinions on this because i think something isnt quite right

but i may be wrong and that might be as good as it gets

208333_1.png

208333_2.png

I've been in customer's homes who would love to get video as good as yours. They ended up settling for what they have as they didn't want to spend more to replace their existing camera's. There's better and some much better, but it depends on how much fine detail that you need. The youtube video is closeup and the the capture's are quite distant. That makes quite a difference all by itself.

Dennis

I think what I may do to test things a little further and see if I can improve things I will adjust the lens to show less area and focus on a smaller scale and see what that is like

I just assumed it would be quite a lot sharper than it actually is

The only thing in concerned about is there is quite a lot of car troubles round here and would like to be able to keep a check

And the retailer actually said at 5-10 meters the camera should be able to read number plates

But that's never happening at the moment

However I know they are reputable over here but I don't know how much truth bending that statement actually is