CCTVDude

GeoVision w/ 2 Network Cards?

I just don't see how you can be experiencing a bottleneck CCTVDude. We have a banking customer who uses a 16 channel real time machine at each one of their 9 locations. They have a ATM Fiber network set at OC-3 (155Mbps) from point to point, or location to location that they use for their private network between each branch. The IT Administrator set the DVR equipment up to only be allowed 6Mbps point to point. The Branch Manager at each office is able to view any of the facilities cameras remotely and localy on this network and they leave it up and running in their office generally al day long. Each facility is also linked to a CenterV2 server that is offsite and ALL the video feed is stored remotely in a secure data center facility for long term archiving.

The bottonline is that they are able to have multiple managers logged into the systems in addition to backhauling al the recorded video for remote storage across 6Mbps with no notice of degraded service for their banking operations. Even the IT person was surprised that in effect only about 4Mbps was needed to remotely transfer the video for storage. The additional allocated bandwidth for each point to point connection was allocated for the branch manger to have live feed pumped into their office so that the DVR could remain in their secure server room back through one of the vaults.

Scottj

Hi Scott, what is a CentreV2 Server and if its what I think it is where can I buy one?