pitz0005

Outdoor Camera Setup (Rookie-Need Help)

I want to start by saying I am new to this and could use some help. I have read this forum for hours, but could not find an answer to my exact situation. In order to curb some of the problems in my area I have installed a camera system. I currently have a geovison GV 600 with 2 cheap bullet cams hooked up to it. The DVR is fine for my application, but the cameras are lacking. One of the cams is good enough the other one constantly fills with moisture (I am in Minnesota, cold and humid). I am looking for a decent reliable bw camera that will not fog up. I do not need anything fancy, for the most part I just want the software to notify me in an "intruder situation" especially at night. I do not even need to see faces. The area I need to monitor is 25'X50'. I do not want IR as I have motion lights and a light in the alley that provide good light, but I still want a decent night camera in case the motion lights don't work. I have been looking at the panasonic WV-BP144 and WV-BP334 with some sort of manual focus and auto Iris lens. I also think I need some sort of enclosure due to the harsh weather here. Could anyone please comment on what to get. Please remember I may be completely off base with my selection so please feel free to recommend anything. Could you also please suggest an enclosure. The camera will be palced on the gable end of a garage (13 feet high). I am open to anything at all, just looking for some advice. I am trying to keep the entire package around $150.00 - $200.00 for the camera and enclosure or bullet cam if possible. Keep in mind this is not a comercial application and the picture does not have to be perfect. One consideration is washout due to the motion lights. Please provide info on the cheapest place to pick up this setup. Thanks in advance for any help.

I Have 2 in stock brand new

Nuvico

NVCC-W27IR30N

Features:

DSP (Digital Signal Processing)

380 TV Lines

30 IR LEDs

Auto Switching CDS Sensor

0.1 Lux (Day Light), 0.0 Lux (IR LED On)

Weatherproof (IP65)

Sun-Shield w/ Mount Bracket

----------------- edit by mod ---------------

Please PM for pricing

Hey guys, I will warn you before Rory or Larry does, pricing needs to be taken into PM, private email, or the Dealer section if it applies. Just a friendly reminder to all.

Scottj

Sounds like a good black and white camera might be in order for you.

I haven’t used this camera, but someone else on the board has one and I was impressed with it.

It is a Speco CVC-325WPS it is in that price range, will work for want you want it to do.

Do a search on Google. It is in the price range you specified.

It's okay. The reason we have that rule in place is to protect dealers. When non-retailer pricing is posted it tends to harm dealers because end users expect that they should pay that price. Having owned my own bussiness I can tell you that 0% margin doesn't pay the bills.

Any other ideas, or does everyone concur with these two recomendations? I would prefer not to have IR cams as my lighting is good already. Thanks!