Sign in to follow this  
ellabbs

newbie installing qvis domes

hi...

just a quick question, im putting a qvis dome camera on a wall next to my front door to cover the door drive and garden ... what is the usual way to fix the cable, from the camera.? the dvr is in the loft and camera 6foot from ground level..

just wondering due to the connections...

any advice would be great

thanks

andy

no.. i mean how do i run the cable... i cant have the connections pinned to the wall.... how do proffisionals run the cables... thru the wall into the cavity... idealy i dont want any cable showing....??

I always attempt to run the cables within the walls/cavities if possible. With many camera's, you will have a little bit of cable showing, unless the camera has the capability of the cable running out the back of the bracket or in the case of some domes. There are exceptions, where you either have to run exposed cables or choose not to install a camera at that location. Even with IP camera's, you have to have power applied somehow.

Dennis

Edited by Guest

Qvis domes don't have any room behind them for the wires, so you will need to mount them somewhere where there is room behind. Eaves work well or you can use a junction box like is used for outdoor lights.