Johnb143

GeoVision 7 DVR won't see newly installed hard drive

Hello - long-time lurker, first time poster. I have a GeoVision 7 system and just installed an additional hard drive. Windows XP sees the drive and reports that it is working properly, but GeoVision doesn't see the additional drive space. The GeoVision manual doesn't offer any information on utilities to configure additional drive space, so I'm looking for wisdom from the board...how do I make GeoVision see the additional space I just installed? Thanks in advance.

OK, I went to the new drive and created a folder structure similar to my other data volumes, with a "data" folder and then "cam" subfolders, and then went into setup and set the new "data" folder as a log path. This increased my available storage space. Hopefully this was the correct way to go about this...kinda kludgey in my opinion...but I'll be adding more drives in the future so hopefully this was the correct way to go.

Sounds like you got it working, but I'm not sure you needed to add all of those folders. In my experience, the Geo system will not let you use the 'root' level of the hard drive to store data, even if it's a second drive, which may have been your problem.

If Windows can see the drive (you've installed, partitioned and formatted it correctly), the the only thing you need to do is create a folder on that drive. For example, on one of my drives, I simply created a folder called "Video". Then you can select that folder in the Geo setup and it should work fine. The Geo software will create its own "cam" folders as it needs them.

OK, thanks for the confirmation that there wasn't a more "automatic" way to do it. Good to know that I don't need to replicate the entire folder structure...I'm sure that I will be adding additional drives in the future.

Yep, you only need to create a folder in the root directory of each drive.

Geo will create the subfolders for each cam and audio.