allaboutfam

having problems doing network setup on a zmodo dvr system

hello, i am having problems setting up the network on my zmodo h.264. I am having trouble with the port forwarding. We have both a netgear router for wireless and a xfinity modem/router. i have the zmodo dvr hooked up to the netgear router. I went on to the netgear router to port forward but when ever i check if its open it fails. So i went onto the xfinity modem to enable port forwarding, then i tried enabling the dmz setting but nothing is working. my ultimate goal is to view from my phone from the ip viewer app. can anyone please help. any help greatly appreciated.

So does the xfinity modem also have a built in router and wifi?

Also can you connect locally (meaning inside the house)?

Yes the xfinity modem is also a router with built Wi-Fi and I can connect locally. I have read on the zmodo website that when u have two routers it can cause an issue when trying to setup the network. I just don't no How to fix. Thank you for any help

Take the second router out of the equation, plug the dvr directly into the xfinity router. Note the new ip address of the router and then setup port forwarding. Once you have that running, you can work on getting it working with the second router, keep it simple at till you get it working.

It's a no-brainer when hooked up direct to the Xfinity modem/router. That's what I have my Zmodo hooked up to with no problems at all. Be sure to port forward all four ports.

Dennis

Thank you guys for your help, but i am still unable to get it setup. I switched my dvr to the xfinity router and port forward the server port, http port, and the mobile port which are the only 3 available. I also made sure the ip changed. but still no success. I have no idea what im doing wrong.

OK, to get started, what is the gateway of the router. Is it 10.0.0.1? If it is, set the DVR address to 10.0.0.100 as "static."?

What are your port addresses listed in the DVR menu?

What is actual model number of the DVR?

If you want to continue this on the forum, ok, or PM me direct.

Dennis

Thank you Dennis for your help. I got frustrated with trying to setup on my own and not no What I was doing so I had tech support from zmodo connect and fix the problem. It is all setup now. Thank you all for your help.

You're welcome. Just for possible future issue's or changes, I would recommend that you write down someplace, the info from the router and the DVR menu's. Particularly the "NET" sub-menu's of the main menu. Not saying that your memory is no good, but as time goes by,,,,,,,,,,

Dennis

This may help others in finding which ports to enable....see my other post here: http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31585&p=235835#p235835

I have the zmodo ZMD-DT-SCN8. I also had issue where I couldn't access the camera from the internet using IE.

I will try to save you some time and money from calling support. I was able to resolve by opening the ports below. I'm not going to get into how to setup or open ports on your specific router, but I will provide the ports and how to verify them below.

For Internet Explorer access via the internet. Check your network settings on the DVR. i.e. setting -> System -> Network. Look for Media Port and http Port. Mine was default at 34567 and 80. So I had to open both ports on my router/firewall and voila it worked.

port 80 - for http

port 34567 -for ie to work

For phone access I changed the Mobile port to 9001. I can't remember the default. To change it's under System -> NetService and then Mobile Monitor. Click enable and note port or change it like I did. I used Aplayer app which seemed to be the best free app for iphone. However, it doesn't have playback feature. If anyone knows an iphone app that is compatible with zmodo dvr and can playback, please let me know.

port 9001 - mobile access

Dave

Hoping someone is still watching this.

I have a zmodo h264 dvr

I went through the step by step on zmodo's site (very nice I Might add easy to follow and clear)

alas it does not work.

I open ie6 set the active x the way it instructs

I enable network DHCP on the dvr and let it "get" address info and then change it to static (it got 192.168.1.223

I created port forwards to 223 for 80 9000 and one other 15961 or something like that (for mobile?) I also added the 34567 suggested here as well

nothing. nothing at all. dvr behaves fine it "appears" one router no gateway (netgear)

the router does NOT show the DVR as a connected device and IE6 can NOT connect to 192.168.1.223 (waiting for response and eventually it just times out)

suggestions? I turned UPNP on and off no change. I turned dyndns on and off no change.

I also tried the WAN address just for S&G's no joy either.

suggestions?