jisaac

wow! what a difference in cameras!

Earlier today I went out to a cleaners that we upgraded a while ago to fix some settings he screwed with. He had a 4 camera system. We put in 8 channel dvr. Replaced 3 of the 4 ultrax box camera with 3 mace cam 37c and also put in 4 new domes. (so obviously their is still 1 old ultrax camera in this 8 camera system). So take a look at the difference in cameras.

http://www.geocities.com/jisaacmagee/comparison.html

remember this is with the exact same amount of light! What a difference! And this ultrax system was installed only 2 years ago

Edited by Guest

Wow, real nice. Althought MACE get's most of the cameras from YOKOTEC out of taiwan, they seem to work a little better than most other taiwanesse manufacturers. I got to look into them.

never heard of Ultrax, are they the same exact camera specs?

they seem to be different locations, and the mace images have lights turned on, the other one looks like no lights in that room, or just a bad camera.

That must be X10 cameras, cause it looks just like my cheap X10 camera.

I would like to know more about that brand and what type of specs they have. Whatever they are I am guessing they aren't good.

rory i swear to God on my 2 beautiful childrens life that that is they same exact location. If you look at the ultrax shot and then look down at the 1st mace shot. The counter top to the left is where the ultrax is looking. And no the light in that room is not on. The light in the room behind it is on in both of those cameras shots. But those are the exact same lighting condition. I am going to go look at the model number of the ultrax.

Note to self: Do not use ultrax cameras

these ultrax came out of a little village in hing sing wang kong provence where the sun shines extra strong all year round

BTW - Ultrack, Ultrax ... Hmmmm ..

I think what rory meant (please, correct me if I'm wrong) is that the cameras are mounted in different locations. The first cameras look like they are mounted facing a light source (windows?), whereas the second pictures are facing away from the light source. I would think this would have a significant impact on image quality/brightness/clarity.

Clearly, the second set of pictures are better.

Hey security master, those cameras are not from YOKOTEC. There chinese. I worked for MACE for 3 1/2 years..and am 100% certain they are china made and come from another manufacturer. They dont get anything from YOKOTEC at least from when I was there.

I think what rory meant (please, correct me if I'm wrong) is that the cameras are mounted in different locations. The first cameras look like they are mounted facing a light source (windows?), whereas the second pictures are facing away from the light source. I would think this would have a significant impact on image quality/brightness/clarity.

Clearly, the second set of pictures are better.

nope the mace cameras are facing the windows. and ultrax/utrack cameras are facing the counter top/wall. By the way the light source is actually coming from the left side of the ultrax/whatever camera. Remember this is at 5:27 in the morning there is not light source coming from outside. Only light source is coming from the light source outlined in the diagram.

Check the link now I have posted a diagram as to where these cameras and light source are located.