jeromephone

all cameras dim on GV800

I have a couple of gv800s and all cameras appear too dark on the default settings.If i adjust the gain it brightens them up. the system seems to work OK I just wiped it clean and put 6.05 on it as these systems are 3 years old. Does anyone have any ideas if it is a camera problem or a geo problem. Using central power supply Altronix and that seems ok also. same problem on both inside and outside cameras. 12 v system

also make sure its not the monitor settings, my old monitor is like that by default with all cards ..

Did you change the camera settings, or GEO?

When ours was too dark or bright, we went to 'Configure -> Video Attributes -> Standard' to change Brightness/Contrast, etc. and AGC settings. That seemed to correct things.

We have a Panasonic 474, so we had to change a setting there as well since it was too dark. DNR, DNL instead of OFF, can't recall exactly what the cam setting was.

thanks for your help everyone.

It turns out the majority of the problem was in the monitor. I have just reformatted the servers and upgraded to 6.05 these were 5.4. I think playing with settings and replacing the monitor will solve most of the problems thanks again