stuffed

Large optical PTZ?

What is available in large (60 x or more) optical PTZ's? Just that would like one for home. We have 2 International golf courses and 3 ski fields all of which we can see from our front window and would be great to bring then up on the TV!

Thanks

What's the real distance you are from them? And how much detail are you really looking for? Depending, you could get a 32 or 36x optical zoom with a 16x digital zoom. That won't give you a crisp shot of the ball dropping in the hole, but it could get you a clean picture at a decent fov for a nice overview of the action...maybe.

Why not put a zoom doubler on the 35X lens? I haven't done this with a cctv camera but someone on here may have tried it. If not, a good reseller or the manufacturer might have some experience and recommendations. A friend of mine put one on the telephoto lens of his DSLR and he gets absolutely fantastic closeups.

For instance, this is a 23x zoom ptz and zoomed out on a tower approx a mile or more away, the view is this-

The tower is just to the right of the sand mound in the back, the little stick sticking up next to the mound way in the distance

203425_5.jpg

Zoomed in digitally-

203425_4.jpg

It was windy that day and the camera is pole mounted, so the image is a bit smeared. And that's another point- be very sure the camera is mounted rock solid or it won't matter how tight you can zoom, you'll get annoying movement from even a slight wobble at extreme distance. But that tower is a LONG way out. Zoomed on a day with calm winds, it would show decent details. Perhaps it would be enough of a fov of a ski slope to enjoy the closer view, or a closer view of some greens on the course. This camera costs 1K. But the question remains- what's the true distance you're talking about?

Incidentally, this Dahua ptz is analog. There is an HD model as well. I think that one is approx 1,500 bucks.

Why not put a zoom doubler on the 35X lens? I haven't done this with a cctv camera but someone on here may have tried it. If not, a good reseller or the manufacturer might have some experience and recommendations. A friend of mine put one on the telephoto lens of his DSLR and he gets absolutely fantastic closeups.

for one, i don't know if you could get a doubler for this application.

two, it will double the focal length over the full range - if for example, a 35x zoom 4-140mm, a doubler would make it 8-280mm, so you'll lose the wide end of the range. on a 1/4" sensor, 4mm gives you a 48 degree fov; 8mm gives you 25 degrees, so you lose anything wider than 25 degrees with a doubler. in short, it doesn't turn a 35x into a 70x, it just turns a 35x into a 35x with a different start and end point.

three, a when you double the focal length on a given size aperture, you effectively add an f-stop - in short, the doubler cuts the light transmission in half.

and of course, adding more glass elements will always reduce your image quality - may or may not be noticeable, but there *will* be a reduction.

remember, there's always a trade-off.

Hi Friends

ZMODO S16306SV is a very long range infrared bullet security camera and i think it is perfect for any types of outdoor long range video surveillance and security applications which is high ratings security camera.

Hi Friends

ZMODO S16306SV is a very long range infrared bullet security camera and i think it is perfect for any types of outdoor long range video surveillance and security applications which is high ratings security camera.

210662_1.jpg