Fuzzyjets

DVR PTZ no iris control..grrrrrrr !

please scroll down to see the pictures, post 8 maybe...

Greetings, newbie here,

I have a home security system I have pieced together that uses Pelco PTZ cameras and a standalone DVR that I bought used from a security company.

It was 1-1/2 year old when I bought it. The distributor that sold the DVR when new is no longer in business and the seller has failed to be of any help. I don't know the brand, but I do have pictures of the mother-board.

The problem is menu control. The embedded PTZ camera control does

not have Iris control. Pelco uses Iris control to open/close menu items. Without it I cannot close some menu's rendering the camera useless (locked up) unless it is rebooted (power-off/on).

I would presume that a firmware upgrade would fix this ? However, without knowing who made the unit I have no idea where to try to find new firmware. Can someone help me ?

Numbers on the box are; SN0810A08V0428 and 24 41013 and E208240.

Made in Korea.

On the motherboard;

MWS151A

120F 8CH

8M

KY9C

0908-8

DD6 94U-0

M:00115F048A5A

J9D

DVR info is;

FW version 7.10.08.67ENCUTCPM

HW version 0.0.0.5

Thanks

Kevin

Edited by Guest

I cannot find reference to any of those serials. If the company went out of business you may be out of luck for a software upgrade. However in special cases it may be possible to reformat your DVR with different software.

I would visit www.pelco.com/community and as their tech team since all you have to work with is their cameras and some unknown serial numbers/equipment.

Best of luck

I cannot find reference to any of those serials. If the company went out of business you may be out of luck for a software upgrade. However in special cases it may be possible to reformat your DVR with different software.

I would visit http://www.pelco.com/community and as their tech team since all you have to work with is their cameras and some unknown serial numbers/equipment.

Best of luck

I have been on the phone with Pelco before. They advised me that so many mfg'r do their own thing at times. They had no suggestion... this was last year. It looks similar to some of the Dahua. (they have not answered my email) As it is now, if I lock it up remotely while I'm not home, I have to wait until someone is to off/on the box.

As it is now, if I lock it up remotely while I'm not home, I have to wait until someone is to off/on the box

hi which remote software do you use. ????

However in special cases it may be possible to reformat your DVR with different software.

dont flash your unit you cant go back if you use a wrong one

As it is now, if I lock it up remotely while I'm not home, I have to wait until someone is to off/on the box

hi which remote software do you use. ????

I don't know ? I never had a disk. When I access the DVR from the web or network via IP, the program installs. I just looked and there is no help files or anything else to know.

However in special cases it may be possible to reformat your DVR with different software.

dont flash your unit you cant go back if you use a wrong one

gotcha on that...

It has occured to me that maybe I only need new software on the HDD. Maybe new Firmware wouldn't fix my problem.

So...., my DVR has a 500gb HDD. If I had new remote software and a different HDD, (keeping my current HDD in case I screw things up) how would I load the HDD ? I haven't seen any menu's for new or format HDD.

Someone..??

Greetings, newbie here,

[snip]

The problem is menu control. The embedded (not embedded, but dvrlink.net software) PTZ camera control does not have Iris control. Pelco uses Iris control to open/close menu items. Without it I cannot close some menu's rendering the camera useless (locked up) unless it is rebooted (power-off/on).

I would presume that a firmware upgrade would fix this ? However, without knowing who made the unit I have no idea where to try to find new firmware. Can someone help me ?

The DVRlink.net connection uses part of the firmware number, so I presume that to use new remote software, with Iris control, I need an upgrade FW.

Numbers on the box are; SN0810A08V0428 and 24 41013 and E208240.

Made in Korea.

On the motherboard;

MWS151A

120F 8CH

8M

KY9C

0908-8

DD6 94U-0

M:00115F048A5A

J9D

DVR info is;

FW version 7.10.08.67ENCUTCPM

HW version 0.0.0.5

Thanks

Kevin

does anyone know what this is ?

pictures

resized2.thumb.jpg.c2a36cfad85b64118ed3c85a2adc7138.jpg

resized.thumb.jpg.5522004ea96029fb42260558238fe419.jpg

Well, I'll guess it's an LG! Is there a splash screen that says what it is when you turn the dvr on? Is the iris missing on the software ptz in the dvr when you call it up, or the remote software, or both? Can you get a screen capture of your ptz controller within the remote software so we can see it and the remote software? Even a picture of the ptz controller in the dvr when you call it up?

Well, I'll guess it's an LG! Is there a splash screen that says what it is when you turn the dvr on? Is the iris missing on the software ptz in the dvr when you call it up, or the remote software, or both? Can you get a screen capture of your ptz controller within the remote software so we can see it and the remote software? Even a picture of the ptz controller in the dvr when you call it up?

LG is DVD

unit made by fairly big company in Korea

dvrlink.net is their DDNS server

LG is DVD

I figured that was the case but then I noticed there are LG cctv dvr's as well. Guessing anyway- guessed wrong.

LG is DVD

I figured that was the case but then I noticed there are LG cctv dvr's as well. Guessing anyway- guessed wrong.

yes, LG is the DVD. there is no splash screen, only a boot start-up screen.

here is the manual, see pg 16 and 21. pg 69 is the remote setup. the PTZ button expands vertically, but there is no Iris control.

http://asapcctv.com/software/standalone/I3DVR_4CH_2-9_16CH_ITX5-1.pdf

here is the remote PTZ......grrrr

this remote SW can be downloaded at dvrlink.net/myFirmware.

asks for permission to load Active-X and wha-lah you have remote SW (I didn't have a disc).

I have been to the dvrlink website, owned by Itellix, but I need my DVR id to get a new FW, which might get me a new remote software that has Iris control.

PTZ.jpg.956ce46b9ca391da3d99fd4e62ee4add.jpg