denlevi

DVR Remote lost, replacement & manual

Greetings everyone, I am new to the forum. I have a question concerning the remote control for a DVR. It is a J2000D-04T2 not sure of the manufacturer. We purchased it around 5 years ago for security at some private property we no longer own. It has been in storage for several years now and I have just drug it back out to use again but cannot find the manual or the remote.

My question is, can a generic replacement manual be found anywhere? And is there a generic remote that would also be programmed to use with it? I was thinking that I might be able to buy a generic universal remote to use unless a proprietary remote is required. I wish I could remember the manufacturer but there is no labeling on the exterior nor the inside that I could find to better identify which maker I have. Any help would be appreciated.

Dennis

Dennis, I don't think you've applied yourself. Using that model number, the first hit in google is the manufactures site which has manuals.

Yakky, I have googled the model number, found the manufacturers website but it requires registration to download the manual. Did that yesterday but still awaiting a response for that membership. Hence my post this morning. Maybe I missed something?

Neutech , Thanks for actual help, that is what I was looking for! Seems like these manufacturers in asia are difficult to communicate with, I guess I just need a bit more patience and persistence.

Dennis

Yakky, I have googled the model number, found the manufacturers website but it requires registration to download the manual. Did that yesterday but still awaiting a response for that membership. Hence my post this morning. Maybe I missed something?

Your post indicated you weren't even sure of the mfg, indicating you hadn't looked anyway, at least to me.

Neutech , Thanks for actual help, that is what I was looking for! Seems like these manufacturers in asia are difficult to communicate with, I guess I just need a bit more patience and persistence.

Dennis

No problem, where are you located in the world and i'll point you in direction of where to purchase a remote

Thanks again Neutech, I live near Denver CO.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/unknown-brand-CCTV-RECORDER-REMOTE-CONTROL-/121047386715?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c2efc8a5b

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/unknown-brand-CCTV-RECORDER-REMOTE-CONTROL-/121053775448?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c2f5e0658

Either of those remotes will work with your DVR but the seller is in UK but ships worldwide or you could try local source now you know what they look like or hook your DVR to your Router and pick it up on the LAN, you will need to download the client software but its easy to operate