Voipmodo

Items of Interest- Mobotix News from US Event

HI all, I know some on here use and or install Mobotix and wanted to give some updates from the US Mobotix Partner Conference thats going on right now.

The biggest update by far is a release date for the MOBOTIX App for IOS. Currently we are told a launch will be expected in the app store on March 8th. With some pretty interesting 2 way functionality this is a very welcome new product addon.

The Mobotix M15 is set for Summer release, will have interchangeable lens's and options for Thermal. According to Mobotix they will have a demo on hand at ISC West in April if you want to brave the Vegas heat and endless buffets.

So far the biggest pitched product is the S14 flexmount and the T24 doorstation. We were teased with some screenshots of some new touchscreen add on modules, and a touch panel inside display. I think the new modules look sleek, but I would rather see an upgrade to the units SIP functionality first then some more shiny outdoor touch panels.

Based on the presentations we have seen so far, disheartening for some, there is no plans on lowering price points in the near future, and no plans to add h.264 support or to build standalone mxpeg encoders. There was some small hints of a relaunch of their software suite to give more options of integrating better 3rd party cameras.

Wonder if the iOS app will be free?

Also, thermal would be an awesome option, but I'm sure there will be a significant price increase.

Thanks for the Update.

I have been using QCamPro App with some M12's I recently installed and I am very happy with the App, it has two way Communiation and Event List Playback. There is a Push Video function which I havent tested yet as I have to pay a subscription. It works fine on the IPhone and looks even better on the IPad (No I don't work for them!).

Yes it would be nice to see the price point come down to a more reasonable level especially seeing as theres not much margin on them when the Public can buy them off the Net

Is the new M12 going to be 5MP?

210973_1.jpg

Ok, sorry for the delay.

The IPad app will be free of charge and will support push updates as long as the app is running in the background.

There is a new Mobotix Hardware Management software coming out as well where you can manage camera settings and bulk change/ manage products.

The M15 will have a 5 megapixel Color sensor and options for Thermal. The Thermal option will run in the $3-5,000 range. Will also have two radar sensors on front. Standard lens pricing should be in the range of the current M12.

Think of the new M15 as an S14 mounted in a housing as thats the basic design with interchangeable lenses. The internal photos they showed, almost looks like an S14 board mounted inside with cables that attach to each sensor.

One of the coolest new features that will be added to most models soon is the addition of activity alerts in addition to video motion. The software can ignore most false alarms, ie camera shake, trees moving, and only detect objects moving, ie left, right, up and down. Really impressive stuff.

The pricing problems in the past is being fixed.

The new Global Partner program has launched and all 100% online Web shops are not allowed to join. That means they have to buy at msrp or a super small discount if they want to try and sell the cameras.

The program is in effect now, so if you see non MSRP pricing online, or huge discounts, that reseller is going to lose a ton of $$$$ on that sale, as I know they can not buy at those prices let alone sell it.

There is now a MAP pricing policy, so while prices will not be lower, people will not be able to sell online for a 1% markup. The only people who can now sell Mobotix are Authorized Partners, and the only people selling online have to be Authorized, Provide support, be fully trained, and do not advertise huge discounted pricing. End users can still get discounts and savings on projects, you just have to work with a rep to get pricing. This keeps it fair and prevents a few bad apples from selling products $1 above cost and leaves the end user stuck if there is a problem or warranty issue.

Mobotix has made it very, super crystal, and transparently clear, they do not want to enter the discounted, price is everything market. Many companies are, and if you look at the number of products they offer, the churn they have, and the fact no one is making any money, is a good indication they have made the correct choice. I know Mobotix pricing can seem to be high, but you get a lot for the money. If end users are worried that their pricing will go up and get hurt by the new programs, i think there is no reason to worry. I have asked customers in past how much profit they think an installer or retailer should make on a sale, and almost always they throw out a number well above actual margins.

If anyone has any specific questions, please shoot me an email and glad to help. I dont work for Mobotix, but really like the products and glad to help pass any info along.

Haha, so they are learning from their Swedish competition I see. My only issue with Mobotix is depth of product line. I want a PTZ at a park in a community filled with Mobotix, but Mobotix does not offer it.

The Mobotix iOS app is finally out....has anybody had a chance to try it?

Ilan

EOS Digital Services

Houston

Edited by Guest

I played with it a little this morning and seems pretty decent. Found the cameras right away. One note is that if you have the cameras on a non standard port, then it works better to add them manually. The 2 Way voice worked well and the image adjustments as well. You will have to do a firmware update on the cameras to take advantage of some of the features. I plan on setting up some remote testing next week and see how the push notifications work.

I'm not too impressed with it yet, although I haven't played with it for too long. There are wayy too many small button crammed on the screen (especially for the iPhone/iPod). It's also difficult to manage (and I'm fairly young). It doesn't utilize any symbols common to the Apple iOS either (buttons, toggles, etc). In short - not intuitive.

This app is at one end of extreme, while Qcam Pro is perhaps a bit too simplistic. There doesn't appear to be a happy medium yet.

Nice to see Mobotix moving forward. About time with 5MP. Did they make any progress with the B&W sensor? I love the sensor but really, by now, can't they have better resolution than 1.22MP? It was all really cool stuff 3-4 years ago, but now, everybody is doing it.