rrs517

Seeking PC Based CCTV Lens and FOV Calculator

Hi All -

I am a newbie on this forum and hope I am posting this in the right place. I badly need a GOOD lens calculator program to run on Win-XP. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Richard

I checked it out and it is a very easy to use program.

You can figure out what lens you need real quick!

I think the link provided by SpyTown has its uses, but for quickly determining a lens size this program is very good.

A graphic representing the subject through the lens is great for explaining what each view will look like.

A picture is truly worth a thousand words in this case.

Thank you to all who responded to my request for CCTV lens calculators, especially to Markk. These are great and the price is right! (FREE)

Richard

Hey, Jelly Belly.

Can you make a change to the program that will show what the subject would like with the camera mounted at diferent heights and angles?

I know that would be a challenge to make that adjustment.

In other words the image to reflect the angle of the camera?

Hi Jasper

What you mean you don't mount all your cameras at eyelevel ????

No seriously though, Thanks for the feedback and I will take a look at that. As you say, I think it will be a challenge!

Have you found the Calculator useful so far??

Yeah. I like the visual representation part. The only thing is sometimes people get confused when seeing the subject in the whole field of view and think that the lens looks like it isn't big enough.

A couple slider lines representing a ceiling height and floor would be good so people can get a better idea of how the subject will look in their situation instead of seeing the whole Field of View.

Again another challenge. This would be more helpful than the angle idea.

I have another idea, but I will wait to spring that one on you if you do any of the others I mentioned. The ceiling height line and floor line would help a lot.

Some expanding walls probably wouldn't hurt either to give a better representation of what a person would see of a subject at different distances while maintaining the height and width of the area to be monitored.

The whole field of view would still be visible, but set room height and width would be maintained as well.